What's new

International The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I *hate* you people. :)

I'm going to have to join the region-free brigade sooner rather than later. My credit card weeps.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Peter Apruzzese said:
I *hate* you people. :)

I'm going to have to join the region-free brigade sooner rather than later. My credit card weeps.
Have you decided on a region -free player ? I'm curious , because I'm looking for one as well . I almost decided on a player a couple of weeks ago , but the dealer was sold out so I put the purchase on the back burner. Still, there are region 2 films I'd like to see, like Day The Earth Caught Fire , so I'll have to decide soon. I was just wondering if you had a player in mind .

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Yeah, you guys need to get a region-free player for sure. It's great not to worry about regions/zones and just enjoy movies. I have a couple relatively cheap region-free LG players and they have been just fine.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I couldn't agree more on the region-free freedom. I ended up with an Oppo BDP-103 and added a kit to it, so while certainly not a cheap solution the player is fantastic and I've started building up a great collection of Blus not released in North America yet. Quatermass and the Pit was my gateway drug, and it's absolutely stellar.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
EddieLarkin said:
I've since heard that their is a credit for Cohen on the BFI transfer so presumably they were involved in someway, meaning a Region A release of the same transfer is possibly imminent.
Thanks very much, the "credit" is good news indeed.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
John Hermes said:
Yeah, you guys need to get a region-free player for sure. It's great not to worry about regions/zones and just enjoy movies. I have a couple relatively cheap region-free LG players and they have been just fine.
I already have a region free DVD player . But I'm looking for a dependable all region Blu-ray player. I'll take a look at the LG Players. I assume you got yours through Amazon.com.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had to order this title twice before it shipped which caused me to cancel my first order.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have this now, just zipped through it & am very impressed, & I had my doubts, but the yellow looks great. A big film in the UK in its day, so I'm happy it's getting a new lease of life & a new audience with this Blu-ray release. I hope the BFI has some great stuff planned for 2014.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm still waiting on my BD to arrive here. I will watch it immediately on my new LG-530 player.

Paul Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Billy Batson said:
I had my doubts, but the yellow looks great.
Same here.
Very happy and thankful to have this in HD now. One of my favorite discs of the year- in a year that was packed with fantastic releases.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Watch out for film newbie Michael Caine in a scene towards the end of the film. Did anyone mention Janet Munro flashing her er assets in one scene? plus it's a classic bit of British sci-fi. Would make an interesting double bill with Crack in the World (1965).

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Steve Christou said:
Watch out for film newbie Michael Caine in a scene towards the end of the film. Did anyone mention Janet Munro flashing her er assets in one scene? plus it's a classic bit of British sci-fi. Would make an interesting double bill with Crack in the World (1965).
Fantastic transfer, great film. Highly recommended.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
There's lots of sentimental connections for me in this movie, because I worked as a Feature Writer for Britain's major news-agency The Press Association (which also owned Reuters) in the late 1960s - early 1970s ... headquarters were at 85 Fleet Street, right at the heart of the movie! Great days but I don't remember summer ever getting quite so hot.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I just watched this today on my new multi-region player and it's a terrific disc. Very happy to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks