What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Trolls World Tour – 2020
full

– The War of the Worlds – 1953
full

– Hope Gap – 2019
full

– The Day the Earth Caught Fire – 1961
full

– Sorry We Missed You – 2019

full

– Slay the Dragon – 2019

The Prices

Continue reading...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Thanks Mike! Nothing for me this week, but I am glad that Trolls World Tour is getting a 3D release.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

No new release discs for me next week, but I am getting another book that might be of interest to some people here. Kiki's Delivery Service, the novel that was the basis for the Hayao Miyazaki film, is being released in a new English translation. I love the movie, but have never actually read the book before, so I'm really curious to check that out.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I bought the 4K streaming version of The War of the Worlds so I'll skip the Criterion Blu-ray despite its extras and, I'm sure, a fine transfer.

Thanks for the RoundUp!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing on my side this week. I just bought a kayak and we're going down to California for the long weekend, so it's just as well.

Thanks Mike!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
War of the Worlds and The Day the Earth Caught Fire on preorder. Thanks for the list. I didn't know the second title was coming out in Blu.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Waiting to see if the B&N Criterion Sale starts on Friday -- looking a bit more positive with at least one new person getting the same dates as the Reddit post listed.. I've got a pile of GC saved up and plenty of items to make them go away.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Just got an email from Amazon that my pre-order of War of the Worlds is delayed until 7/22 - 8/07. What's up with them, anyhow?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Waiting to see if the B&N Criterion Sale starts on Friday -- looking a bit more positive with at least one new person getting the same dates as the Reddit post listed.. I've got a pile of GC saved up and plenty of items to make them go away.
Right there with you, David. I've got my list of Criterions that I want to purchase, though I don't have any GCs, unfortunately.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
War of the Worlds and The Day the Earth Caught Fire for me. A damn good sci-fi double feature right there. And I highly recommend The Day the Earth Caught fire to anyone who likes intelligent, humanist sci-fi. You will be very pleasantly surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks