What's new
World Wide Stereo

The best way to spend $4,000 or less on a home theatre (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emo17

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris V
Thoughts?

I prefer DLP to LCD technology. I've never seen D-ILA, but I've heard it beats both. Also interested in the "3 chip DLP" projectors, if there are any for cheap.
I already have speakers.
all I need is a projector that has fast processing to keep up with hockey, lowest pixelization possible, good contrast, 4x color wheel (or better), 2000+ watt bulb, good native ratio (i don't even know what native ratio is - someone please explain? A decent number of lumens (i have a dark room, but still would be nice. i hear 2000 lumens and higher is just a normality), and last but not least, 1080p

Anyway, if you want all that simpler, here are my REAR PROJECTOR REQUIREMENT NOTES:
Based on these, what projectors would you recommend (for less than 4k?):

BRIGHTNESS:
• 2000 Lumens or more is standard. But we do have a DARK room

CONTRAST:
• AI on LCD = VERY BAD
• DLP have higher contrast for better price, and the highest xxxxx# : 1 contrast ration = better. DLP also has less noticeable pixels. FILMS (actual FILM, not digital animation, has a 6000:1 contrast. Something above that would be desireable).
• Want the blackest “blacks” and brightest lights

RAINBOWS AND SCREEENDOORS:
• Get 4x color wheel AT THE LEAST for DLP projectors to avoid rainbow effect
• You can sit closer to a DLP without noticing pixeliziation

PIXELS:
• 1080p

DLP CHIPS:
• 3 chip DLP projectors if possible

MISC:
• How long does the bulb last?
• 2500 watts works well
• Ask about native ratio

ALSO, I NEED A GOOD SCREEN. VIEWING DISTANCE IS ABOUT 15 FEET. BIGGER THE SCREEN, THE BETTER, AS LONG AS THE PIC QUALITY IS GOOD. REMEMBER, THIS ALL HAS TO FIT INTO UNDER 4K, SO... CAN'T BE TOO EXPENSIVE

PS. I've been offered the JVC PRO RSU2 and an 80 inch drop down screen for a little under 6 grand, including tax, by a custom installer. What are your thoughts on that deal? I can't really afford it, but if it's just way better than anything I can get in the price ballpark, then maybe....

Anyways,

THOUGHTS
RECOMMENDATIONS
ETC ETC

PLEASE!!!!!

P.S If I'm leaving anything important out in terms of "requirements," please feel free to let me know. I basically just the clearest picture possible, and one that can keep up easily with fast moving sports and action movies (unlike most LCD's) without pixelating. If I've left out any important criteria that has to do with any of this, like 24hz or something (heard of it - don't know what it means exactly...) umm.... fast frames per second I guess would go under processing power. The faster, more pixels, more contrast, best picture, period, the better.

And again, in addition to some projector recommendations (I need names, please, I need screen (bigger and cheaper, yet quality still most important) recommendations - actual names and price quotes as well, if possible.
I've done a bunch of research, but I need HELP! So please point me in some good directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks