What's new

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I believe that it was Rob's ego that was he and Amber's undoing, he was so upset and preoccupied with the fact that they weren't first for the first time since the race began that he wasn't concentrating and began making mistakes.

Regardless, i'm just glad they're off of my TV and that they stay off of it for some time, at the very least the few reality shows that I watch. If they like being on TV so much why not just take the next step and join a soap opera lol.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Amen. The fact that she didn't even put her name on the letter just shows how obnoxious she is. I don't even think I could watch this season if she was on it again.

I was very surprised to see Rob & Amber go out so early in this race as I figured they were strong enough to go far again. Guess Rob's cockiness finally caught up to him. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since Rob & Amber had such a love/hate relationship with the audience, I was also a little surprised that it DID turn out to be an elimination leg of the race.

You know how sometimes you figure the producers must have some leeway because it always seems like it's always a particular team-in-favor that seems to come in last only to be told "this is a non-elimination leg of the race"? It seems like it happened a couple of times to Kentucky last season and BJ & Tyler before that.

I'd figure if the "fix was in" (figure of speech only) re: whether a particular leg was an elimination leg of the race...Rob & Amber would have been given a pass. Glad to see it didn't turn out that way...just to confirm my suspicions wrong.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Bah. The excitement for this season just dropped for me. I don't care what anybody says, I was rooting for Rob and Amber to bulldoze the other teams. Yes I'm evil like that.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Alex: same here. I admit, I liked them as a great players of the game. You can dislike them personally, but they were solid players of the game.

Having them eliminated early wipes out a lot of storylines for me, and my interest kind of plummets.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Worst...episode...ever.

Myrna and Schmyrna are so freaking annoying. The most annoying team ever.

I too was rooting for Rob and Amber to just steamroll the other teams. They are the only team that were acting like All Star teams so far. But Rob just gave up. He wasn't rushing around like he normally acts. He just pretty much gave up when they got to the chartered flights.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

As much as I personally can't stand Team Guido, they really picked it up when they needed to during this episode. They were the antithesis of Rob & Amber during this leg of the race. I was amazed at how they just steamrolled past R&A and the beauty queens when they got their compasses. They are focused.

I think I'll start rooting for Dustin & Kandace...they are having fun and seem just as focused. I loved their reaction to the 'bama letter. :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I just caught up on the last 2 eps on Youtube.

I found it a little strange that Team Kentucky didn't acknowledge Bama as one of their allies from the previous season. So now what, they just aren't friends anymore?

Nice little tribute to the 1st person ever to go around the world, even though it was not a race for Magellan.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Gotta agree, Myrna's consant shrieking was really getting to me. On another front, I was shocked and glad to see Romber go.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
A part of me wanted Mirna & Charla eliminated, because they have become extremely annoying.

I thought they were annoying and dirty back in season 5 as well. Funny how twice they tried to steal another team's cab, and both times failed.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Me too, but I wanted Rob and Amber gone just a little bit more. I couldn't stand Rob's smugness from the get go. And I was just tired of seeing them make the reality show circuit. What's next...Big Brother? Deal or No Deal?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I was really expecting the old: "This is not an elimination..." when Rob & Amber showed up last. But, as others have said before, Rob seemed so rattled that he wasn't first he seemed to go at the rest half-hearted. And now the cousins have got to GO! Annoying? Beyond words. The one uses the other as an excuse to try to sneak any sort of lead.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Again the needle in a haystack tasks eliminates a strong team. I'm not even sure it was that close or else Rob and Amber would've been running harder.

Since my wife and I are not survivor fans, we had no issues with Rob and Amber. They played the game well and we are sorry to see them go. Next up on our hit list is Mirna and Schmirna.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I like Rob & Amber. The connoving and full of themselves...But, they don't hide it. And like Survivor...This is a race and contest...Not a popularity contest. They play hard and sneaky..But, what they do is not against the rules. Hey, they were the first to get locals to come with them to help. And every team gets made when they get lied to...But, they all do it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Good point, Todd. My son was more than a little let down by the "big surprise ending that will have everyone talking the next day." What was the big deal? Basically all that happened was that a team lost. Granted it was a team that had been finishing first all the way through...but still. it's not the first time that's happened in AR.

I think they edited the bejeebus out of that ending to make it look much closer than it actually was. For example, Rob & Amber were in no hurry to go anywhere after Rob finally found their envelope. And, Uchenna & Joyce were at the mat when the cousins arrived (what was up with Uchenna pulling the one cousin onto the mat?!). None of the four of them were anywhere to be found by the time R&A showed up.

So, maybe they "manufactured" the ending and then promoted the crap out of it. I guess that's what you do when the product itself isn't getting the job done on its own.

And maybe it's just me, but everytime they showed Rob looking at envelopes, it looked like he was taking two or three at a time and only looking at the one on top.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Then where did they go? I don't think they were such strong players, Rob didn't have what it took to accept that they weren't going to come in first this time and in the face of that he blew it and fumbled the mail challenge, doesn't sound like champion behaviour to me.

In short, they were good when they were winning, but all it took was just a couple of setbacks to destroy that teams confidence.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
And they won a lot. A quick count shows they ran 16 legs in their two seasons. They won 7 of them, and lost just this one. The race is a series of legs, almost always with something that makes everyone even again. So this time, they ran a bad leg, and Rob blew the Roadblock. But that was partly luck.

If Rob&Amber are not strong players, then no one is.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
What the heck does "The Guido's" stand for?

Most of the team nicknames have always made sense, Beauty Queens, Romber, Bama, etc. Either completely obvious or somewhat insulting, but I've never understood what "The Guido's" meant. Maybe I missed an episode from their original race where it was explained, anybody care to explain?

I was rooting for Charla/Mirna this season, but Mirna has slipped right back into the whiny bitch attitude she had first time they were on.

Won't miss Rob and Amber. Stopped cable TV a few years a go for a while, but turned it on again last summer. Noticed that FoxReal network has been showing ten episodes of a show called "Rob and Amber: Against the Odds" recently, showing again on Sunday, all about them moving to Las Vegas. Apparently I'm a little out of touch with "celebrity" items, don't know how old this is, in fact had never even heard of it. Obviously being replayed to tie in to TAR. But I think I've seen enough of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks