What's new

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
For me, my dislike of Rob and Amber comes from a number of things, the fact that they've already gotten way too much exposure in regards to reality tv, the fact that they're so incredibly cute together (i'll grant you that's more of a personal hang-up on my part) and the fact that Rob is so god damned smug it's ridiculous.

Besides I hate it when luck always seems to fall on one individual or in this case individuals, it's incredibly boring and it makes one want to pull his hair out trying to figure out why that phenominon occurs.

It's a phenominon that I have, from watching NASCAR, dubbed the "luck for legends" phenominon, where someone's legacy almost seems to give him or her a magical sort of edge over everyone else, as if they're popularity almost guarentees that they will do well.

It's time for the darlings of the reality tv universe to learn some humility. But, even if they win or get eliminated we'll probably see them on American Idol next year as they one by one seem to be trying to get themselves onto every reality show in existence.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
See, I don't necessarily see them as lucky, but as good at playing this sort of game. Note their reaction to taking a wrong turn: Quickly realizing the situation, no arguing, and tracking back. That's not luck, but skill - they're pretty darn good at seeing what's useful and what's wasted energy. Notice that even though they started on a show built on alliances, they seldom even tried on The Amazing Race, realizing more than most that it almost never helps good teams.

And, yeah, Rob's a bit of a jerk, but one thing I've noticed watching them on TAR is that he seems a lot more tolerable now that Amber is becoming more extroverted.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm rooting for Rob & Amber also. They know how to play the game and they do it very well. Everything Rob does is part of the game. The other teams are so concerned about where Rob & Amber are that they almost forget to run the race. That right there is directly because of Rob's attitude toward the other players. Everything he does is to rile up the other teams so much that they start making mistakes. They are constantly thinking and make very few mistakes. When they do make a mistake they quickly realize it and compensate. They don't get all upset and start yelling at each other about it. So far they are the only team ACTING like an All Star team. The other teams just seem to be along for the ride.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I see Amber as sheep which fits in well with Rob's Smugness, holier than thou, attitude, they don't get into silly personal fights with each other like many of the other couples in the history of TAR... Therefore, they don't seem to waste time/energy bickering with each other. If Amber does ever get more extroverted and type-A, then it would be trouble.

Amber will follow and do whatever Rob says and she is young and not a liability, physically. I remember the regular TAR series where rob/Amber were on a Fast Forward with another team who was there first. Something to do with tightroping across a beam on a silo and Rob kept asking Amber whether she thought they should skip the FF as it could only be done one at a time. I remember Amber being soo "deer in the headlights" and she couldn't decide. It was really the first time I think Rob actually asked Amber what they should do. It's usually Rob does this..Amber follows.. but this was a first and psychologically threw Amber off. She is a sheep!!!!!

Jay

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree that I don't see why Rob & Amber are so hated, other than maybe jealousy. They seem to do pretty well at most things they try.

As for their overexposure, if you are the producer of a show like this casting the All-Star edition, they are an obvious team to invite, since they are stars in the reality genre, after all. Certainly more so than people like David & Mary, who seem like nice people, but not exactly stars. Every time I see them I think of the Appalachian emergency room skit from SNL.

JoeyM

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
I'm loving the new season! It seems like these All-Stars are cut-throat! Especially Charla and Mirna... not really into their gameplay, but it definitely looks like it's going to be a good season!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Sign R&A and Janelle/Will up for any version of the CBS reality shows and I'll root for them all the way. Lovable "villains/heroes." :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:cool: That is the very definition of poetic justice, i'm so happy i'm not even upset that Joe and Bill are still in the race. I tell you that was one intense footrace to the pitstop, though, my heart was in my throat!

Now we can have some fun!

BTW, did anyone else's HD feed freeze on them at about the 28 minute mark? Mine did and stayed that way for pretty much the rest of the show, I had to switch over to regular cable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like the rumors were true about who was going to finish last in tonight's installment.

I still don't know how Mirna and Charla made up 20 minutes on the other 2 teams in the final road block.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Easily one of the best episodes in TAR history...and not just because Romber got out.

My all-time favorite team in first place...the best moment of the season so far with the letters (Marshall and Lance's letter to C/M was about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time)...a great Detour...just an absolutely fantastic episode the whole way through. Next week looks great too.

I won't go so far as to say that this is the best All Star installment of a show since Survivor All Stars was very good for the first five episodes and then lost its appeal, but this is such a fantastic season so far. Best since season 5 for sure.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
And how about the one Bama member who didn't put her name on the letter to D&K? Talk about holding a grudge for the pettiest reasons, she must be an absolute joy to know.

I couldn't stand the Bama team last year, anyway.

I think Frank was on something when he wrote that lol.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would have died if Flo and Zach's letter contained something like Flo complaining about something (just for fun).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was SO SURE that the "big ending" was going to be that Rob & Amber and the Beauty Queens were both going to receive time penalties and one of them (probably Rob & Amber from the rumors posed here) would lose because of that.

Again, you guys are gonna think I'm a real stickler for rules...but the clue said they had to navigate--using the compass--to find that Nautilus Building. Well, Rob directed himself and the three girls to the wrong place based on an address he had...and then asked directions to the building. I woulda thought that was against the spirit of the task. But, oh well.

Rob & Amber really did have a bad leg of the race tonight. The sign post fiasco (I thought Amber had some smarts). The mis-navigation. The inability to sort mail (maybe that was just luck. It HAD to be how Charla/Myrna made up the bulk of their time) and they also out-thought the whole "finding the shipwreck on the internet" thing.

Good episode.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I actually agree with you--I wish the clue hadn't named the place and they were told to look for a flag as they were walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks