What's new

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I'm going to assume that you did not like season 3. :)

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thought Tara was so much more annoying than Will.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
First 40 minutes of the finale are of no consequence. Too many catchup points once again with no real challenges at the end most likely. The only factor for the million is finding the best cab driver to the finish. :frowning:

The last task had promise, but what was with giving the clue for being wrong??? At least Mirna and Schmirna lost. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nothing feels worse than investing my time to watch an entire season of shows like this and have a team I hate win.

They need to start giving something for the second place team, I mean come on they bust their ass all the same and should get something.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
damn, my first thought was 'damn, why didn't the blondies win'

but then I'm thinking: 'imagine how far ahead E&D could have been had they not been yielded, or had made some of the flights they got kicked off of...

Congrats E&D!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

John: Ya gotta figure there's always gonna be people who feel that way about the eventual winners.

I would have been ticked if C&M had won frankly. Only because of their miserable personalities.

At the end, when they said, "at least people have had a chance to see the real Charla and Myrna" I was thinking, "why, yes, they have." :thumbsdown:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the same. When she said that I found myself saying out loud, "Yes we have and we didn't like what we saw."

I wanted Dustin and Kandice to win but I have to give Eric and Danielle a lot of credit and congratulations for over coming two Yields.

Overall I enjoyed the season and will definitely be watching next season.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually have a decent track record so far for winning teams that I like, out of the 6 seasons that i've seen so far this is only the second time a team I didn't care for won, hopefully i'll like who wins seasons 5 & 6 which i'm working on now.

I wanted Dustin and Kandice to win, they were smart, competitive, didn't bicker (except towards the end there anyway) and well, they were smokin' hot! :)

I had an idea that the show should do, they should combine The Surreal Life with TAR and have washed-up celebrities race, that would be fun as all hell lol.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Eric has shown that his previous finish in season 9 was no fluke at all. I honestly thought that Danielle would hold him back from winning the million dollars. But I was glad to see them win it instead of C&M.

I thought we would finally see a first in Amazing Race history, with an all-female team winning it all. And this season, they made it a bit easier, with no alpha male teams.

This season was fun to watch, but I will be glad when it gets back to having new blood in the race. If they ever do another All-Star season, I hope some of my favorites will get on that one. Also hope that they will visit more of Eastern Europe, the part of the world that the race hasn't visited enough of.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I don't get why anyone thinks watching is a waste if you don't like who wins. Don't you enjoy the journey? It's funny that the people ON the race who lose seem to have a better attitude about this.

There's only about 2 minutes of the entire season where we know who won- you can't enjoy the other 99.99%? If not, just watch the end of the last episode.

> The last task had promise, but what was with giving the clue for being wrong?

It wasn't given for being wrong- they only had 10 min to get the answers right, then the challenge was over. With no time limit, some of them might still be in the vault. The task served its purpose, which was to let a team get ahead of the others, since they were all bunched up right before that.

Do we know yet if/when there will be another season?

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Anyone else catch the "thong shot" of Dustin when the beauty queens were diving last night's finale?!?!

The app for Season 12 is online at CBS.com

Let me say this...

"The Amazing Race" is my favorite reality show. It has been for a long time.

I don't think it gets enough credit. The producers have to coordinate moving a group of people quickly around the globe -- which involves all sorts of logistical issues that aren't easy to deal with.

People complain about the challenges, but just think about all of the competitions they set up at various little "dive" locales on the show.

It isn't like this is set on one island, or in one house for the entire season.

I've never been a fan of the all-star concept on any reality show. The only way it'd work (in my mind) is if you could get all of the past champions back to compete.

The thing that irks me about CBS is that they keep moving the show around. Sunday night wasn't a good night this year (and the NFL in the fall made it brutal when I tried to DVR it).

I think it'd make a great companion show to "Survivor" on Thursdays. I know they don't want to move the ever-popular "CSI," but those two shows would make an excellent block together.

It always seems like people seem to "discount" TAR.

Personally, I think the show as "better" when they started the season with a 2-hour premiere -- it gave fans a chance to get to know the teams. Ever since the "Family Edition" it seems like the network has started to short change the show. Yes, the "Family Edition" wasn't good, but up until then the show had been growing a continually stronger following.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I heard on the Morning Show that the delta between first and second was almost ten minutes.

Also Eric and Danielle are no longer a couple.The application deadline for season 12 was January 16, 2007.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife, too, was really disappointed with the detours in that last leg. It seems like they really wanted to bunch up the racers at the very end (to probably add a little drama).

A spoiler from TAR: Season 1:

Hasn't it won a ton of Emmy Awards each year?

EDIT** A quick check reveals it has won all four "Outstanding Reality-Competition Series" awards that have been handed out.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I am really sad about this season because I LOVED so much of the early legs, but then the group got whittled down to teams I can't stand, and so it was rooting for the less of three evils and all around kind of unsatisfying. Yuck. Which sucks because it was otherwise a really great ride.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Let me clearify myself, TAR is my all time favorite reality show, there isn't a moment in a given season that I don't enjoy, this is the only reality show that I watch that get's me the most excited to where my knees are knocking in spots. My point with what I said is that it helps me enjoy the season even more if a team I like wins the race, it sort of puts the cherry on the cake for me when that occurs.

I don't necessarily feel that i've completely wasted my time if a team I don't care for wins but it's anticlimatic for me, almost like when a bad ending ruins a good movie. But make no mistake, I eat this show up, i've gone through 4 seasons in the past 4 weeks, averaging a season a weekend so that should alone should tell you how much I love this show, the best reality show on the air IMO.

Damn, you' guy's have eyes like a freakin' eagle to spot that thong underwater with all the chaos that was going on, good call, though, too bad the current didn't rip it right off of her. :)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Especially since the race is clearly a series of legs. Dustin&Kandice were the best team on the race. They only didn't win the last leg, the one with the million dollars. How many hours of previous leads were lost over and over? In the end everyone was tied, and it came down to two taxi rides and one task.

Obviously the producers wanted a "thrilling" race to the finish.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

I was a little distracted by the Rockette legs. ;)

Even though I didn't like the end result, I thought the finale and season were very good. Not the best ever, but a top five season for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks