What's new

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars (2 Viewers)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

:D

Well, it was more a comment on the fundamental reason why us guys like that sort of thing, like George Costanza's attraction to chambermaids, George's question to Jerry "Why is that?" and Seinfeld's very simple assesment..."It's a woman in your room."

We see a hot girl moving in a slow and steady up and down direction and we naturally assume it looks like she's screwing somebody. :D

Jonesy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Geoff
I'm a big fan and I've watched every season, but the formula is beginning to wear thin for me. I'd like to see them shake things up.
- More puzzle-y elements to the clues.
- Legs with different set-ups. 3 Roadblocks in a row, or 4 detours.
- Scavenger-hunt style things with more randomness built in. Get your picture taken with a Prostitute. Collect a parking ticket. Convince someone to give you a red sombrero.
- More involvement with Phil. Find him in crowded shopping mall (not at a pit stop). Convey him down the street on a rick-shaw.

Stuff like that.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Also the challenges seem so much easier than previous seasons. Soft balls for the 'all-stars'.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm pulling for either Charla and Mirna or Dustin and Kandice to win it, I can't stand Eric and Danielle mostly because of Eric, the guys a jerk.

As much as one hates Charla and Mirna you have to give it up to them, especially Charla, that small but fierce woman has got spirit and determination to spare and I respect the hell out of her. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"Ma'am, I've told you, you are NOT allowed to touch the screen" :laugh:

Another half-dozen "Come on, Charla"s...hic! :D

Nope. I see them as negative and hateful. They've personalized the game too much and I don't see Charla wandering around with that GPS device saying "I'm dying, I'm dying here" as all that inspirational.

In the other hand, I thought Oswald showed a lot of class after he & Danny were Philiminated.

But I'm wondering if it's hard for the home viewer to get any real kind of accurate read on the contestant's personalities. I know many contestants of Survivor have complained about the way they were portrayed on the show via the editing process. Whether or not that it's true...or whether they have an accurate idea of the outward appearances they give is another story. Maybe what we see is really what there is to see. But I have my doubts sometime.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yes but what i'm saying is the woman is what, 3 and a half feet tall and she's hung in there with full size players doing every task put to her to make it to the final 3, regardless of how the woman carries herself you've gotta admit that's comendable, it is to me at least.

As much as Mirna yells and spouts over drama I just can't bring myself to dislike that team for some reason, which is strange because in shows like this i'm always more than eager to hate SOMEBODY. :D

But that's Eric and Danielle, man I hope that bastard doesn't get that money.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

And they wonder why they're hated so much, both in this season and season 5. I can only think of a few teams that have gotten along with them, but then again, those teams are probably the type that gets along with anybody.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ya know...maybe mean-spirited is a better adjective for C&M. It's not like Rob & Amber who might diss another team because they are caught up in the pursuit of winning the damn race (and, even then, they never really seemed to take the other teams that seriously).

With C&M it just seems to be their personality to be nasty.

John: Maybe I'm heartless, but I'm not feeling it. Might be Charla's fault, might be the editors' fault, might very well be my fault.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there's much argument about that - I strongly suspect that Charla & Anybody Else would be one of my favorite teams. But, geez, Mirna is an obnoxious drama queen, and though Charla seems to have been calling her cousin on some of her crap, she does go along with the "it's a matter of life and death" stuff.

I half suspect that they get the shaft a bit in the editing department - I remember Phil on the brink of tears when he had to eliminate them in their previous race, and Danny & Oswald don't seem like the types of folks that would endorse one team over the others unless they had a really strong opinion about it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Funny...but that made quite an impact on me, too.

And how could I forget THIS line from this week's show:

Oswald (on seeing Charla in the military get-up): Teletubbies go to war!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It was hilarious how they had trouble with the very simple task of following a GPS... geez, just follow the arrow. How hard is that? It makes me wonder how they ever find the other places on the race without a GPS.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just a friendly FYI fellas, i'm watching C&M's original season (season 5) for the very first time right now so please don't mention who wins that season, i'd appreciate it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Just covering all my bases. ;)

BTW, if I may take a short stroll down TAR memory lane for a moment, Ian really mellowed out since he and Terri's original season, he was a real asshole in his original season lol. He spoke to his wife like she was a dog most of the time, constantly commanding her to "Come!"

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

I hadn't started watching till TAR7 and just recently caught up on 2-6 right before All-Stars...I won't spoil anything but TAR5 is amazing. And C/M's rivalries throughout made for some great TV, with two teams in particular.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Don't forget delusional and hypocritical, with an annoying habit of fake accents, which she just claimed are actually useful.

I can accept that editing plays a part, but she did ask the pilot to hurry up, because they're on a race. She gives them plenty of ammo.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Ouch, in that case you might not like TAR5 too much since TAR2 is by far my favorite season, Chris/Alex are one of the few winners I actually like, and Tara's my favorite female racer ever. :P

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, to be honest the only thing that determines whether or not I like a season of this show is the winner, if I like the winner than I tend to generally consider that season a fun watch, even if it has individuals in it that I don't care for.

Every good show needs a villain. ;)

You liked Tara huh? Okie dokie. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks