What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Heh, counting the hairs on a camels nuts. :D
David sure is laying it on thick with the Hi-Def gospel isn't he? My software thread morphed into an over-the-top HD info-mercial. Jesus, tone it down dude, take a valium or something.
Priceless moment:
David trying to convince someone who can't afford and with no interest in HD, to start buying HD-DVD's now so in 5 years time when he can afford to upgrade to a decent display he'll be able to enjoy 'em. Huh? WTF?
Never mind me, I'm not a film enthusiast because I didn't jump on HD. I'm just some jerk who likes to waste his money on collecting DVD's for the hell of it. Whatever. This kind of fanaticism just goes to prove my original argument.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
But this forum also truly offers a place for the more poorly endowed....
:laugh:
On that note I want to thank Steve for creating Testy, and Parker, the mad genius for protecting it, and all the past and present participating Droogs... you've all helped create a wonderful safe haven for fun, interesting, and yes... even educational [STEVE BITES TONGUE] place to escape to when the occasion merits it. I wasn't sure what to think of this place at first, but I am happy to call it my home away from home while visiting and exploring the HTF landscape. Thanks!!! [WIPES TEARS AWAY FROM EYES] ;)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
bbqseeds.jpg

Steve Christou said:
:) That's what I was wondering. Holadem, um, the weathervane in your sig, when you're ready. ;)
[breaks into tears] Thanks Rick, comforting words after the rubbishing SD's been subjected to recently.:frowning:
Tsk tsk, what does David do btw? Computer sales person? Car dealership?
:emoji_thumbsup: Our home away from home [sniff].
I think I did it wrong

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
And we are all here for the free sex?
Free sex is going to be so much better in Hi-Def, you have no idea. If you were smart, would stop having free sex until you can afford Hi-Def free sex.
;)
I seemed to have missed all the Hi-Def dick waving in this and Jims thread. I checked out Jims thread to see what the fuss was about but stopped reading it when someone brought up George Lucas and the Star Wars OT. Jumpin' Jesus on a POGO STICK! Is George Lucas responsible for EVERYTHING??
I do agree with Jim though, it's starting to get rather annoying when every thread in the software sections has the same smug "I'm waiting for HD/Blu ray" statement. You know what, I'm still waiting to get blown by Scarlet Johanson, but like Hi-Def, I don't really see it happening for me in the near future, and I don't need to be reminded of it happening I turn my head because I fully understand how potentially awesome it's going to be when it does happen.
Was I ranting there? sorry about that. :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Heh...no hurry there, Zen. Speaking of all things Semitic, and Scarlett Johansson, I found out only recently that her mom is from a Jewish family, which technically makes her Jewish as well...ba-da-BING!
Although this casting anecdote is pretty amusing:
I remember a weird audition when I was 10. I gave this great reading, but the woman stopped me and said, 'Scarlett, do you accept Jesus as your saviour?'
I was like, 'I don't know. My parents are atheists.' She said, 'Oh, really? So what does that make you?' and I said, 'Um, a 10-year-old?'

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:laugh: [ambient laughter]
So what is a Djinn Chris? A classification of genie?
Zen, that Scarlett sure is a babe, I couldn't take my eyes off her in the Michael Bay classic The Island. She's only 21 and probably as thick as a plank, but with those looks who cares? :)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
It's rather obscure what is the connection between Latin "genius", which basically means a tutelary spirit, and Arabic "Djinni", a sort of demigod. In any case the English "Genie" appears to come from the latter. The Djinni, I have heard, were the gods of the ancient Nabateans, and were embodied by blocks of stone of different sizes, but fixed proportions — 2×3×5, or something. Apparently this was common to the ancient Semitic peoples, which would go some way to explaining the significance of the Ark of the Covenant, with its stone tablets, and the commandment to use only unhewn stones in the altar of God.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.