What's new

Television Shows I'd like to see to arrive on DVD. (1 Viewer)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
According to a post on the forum at Stephen J. Cannell's web site (cannell.com), Cannell has said verbally that he's working on DVD sets for all of his shows. I haven't found any corroboration of this elsewhere on Cannell's web site, or anywhere else for that matter. Has anyone heard anything more reliable?

Greatest American Hero would definitely be among my top ten for TV on DVD. We've missed the 20th anniversary of GAH (2000), but maybe we could look forward to boxed sets by the 25th anniversary? Oh, and now I'm feeling old ... :>

Looking through Cannell's web site, I'm reminded of a lot of other shows I'd like to see again - I'd love to see a DVD treatment for Baa Baa Black Sheep, for example (or Black Sheep Squadron as it's been known in syndication). Rockford Files. Tenspeed and Brownshoe. The list really does go on.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Deb I'm assuming that Cannell's "working on" means "trying to get". I'm sure that he's in talks with different distributors to try to find the best deal/fit, and/or already organizing the source materials. I'm not so sure that any deals have been signed yet. But I don't doubt that we'll see the most popular titles out in the next couple of years, it's inevitable. (I want 21 Jump Street and Greatest American Hero the most)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
WKRP IN CINCINNATI.
THE FALL GUY.
COLUMBO.
MCCLOUD.

I can't believe the cult show WKRP (1978-1982) isn't out yet, I fear it's those damn music rights holding it back. :frowning:

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
Jungle Jim(Weissmuller)
Jellybean Comedy Clubhouse
Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea
the rest of the original "Lost In Space" series
The Time Tunnel
Zone Fighter(subtitled)
Night Court
The Cosby Show
The Wonder Years
Bill & Teds Excellent Adventures(Animated)
Eerie, Indiana(original, entire series)
Back to the Future(if it is not already available in seasons)
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
Beavis and Butt-Head(in individual seasons)
Stark Raving Mad

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
China Beach
Wonder Years
Bosum Buddies
Friday the 13th The series
The Tick animated.
Knot's Landing
Mork and Mindy (first season only)

Holmes and Yo yo..... (just kidding)

LoriB

Grip
I would love to see "Trapper John MD","Medical Center" and "Emergency" on DVD. Also "The Heights"--it was a short lived show that featured Jamie Walters--but it was a good show.
I also hope the rest of the Starsky and Hutch shows comes out on DVD SUPER sson! I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the first season-I LOVED that show as a kid and being able to see it again is awesome!!

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see Quincy (1976-83) and the original Columbo 90 minute movies from (1970-77)

Two classic shows that were both entertaining and educational

What are the chances of these being released..who knows

Cheers!

BradD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
Danger Mouse
Dungeons & Dragons
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
The Herculoids
Thundarr the Barbarian
Fraggle Rock

Amazing Stories
Fantasy Island
Hill Street Blues
Knight Rider
Moonlighting
Night Court
Perry Mason
The Ray Bradbury Theatre
St. Elsewhere
Simon and Simon
The Twilight Zone (1985)

Christian J

Auditioning
Fridays (Apr. '80 to Oct '82)- ABC's answer to Saturday Night Live.

Had a great cast including Michael Richards, Larry David, Melanie Chartoff and Bruce Mahler. Amazing set of musical guests included Devo (first two tv appearances), The Cars, The Clash, The Boomtown Rats, Tom Petty, Journey and (from the episode I still remember) The Plasmatics.

Good information about this series at TVTome.

RobinsonMead

Auditioning
Some of these have already been mentioned so bear with me:
The Rockford Files—See info on Cannell above
Matlock—Target demo doesn't buy enough DVDs, I suppose
Jonathan Creek—UK, obscure, but plenty of BBC material is being released stateside recently
Nowhere Man—How can this not already be available?
Boston Public—Early Seasons, mostly
Mathnet—Mostly for my sentimental side
Coupling—US version, mostly to compare with UK original
The Games—Australian series, sometimes on PBS around here, a riot

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I completely forgot about (this is a Region 1 only list, folks.):
Beauty and the Beast
Fantasy Island (Ricardo Montalban)
Fantasy Island (Malcolm McDowell)
Knight Rider
St. Elsewhere
Moonlighting
Night Court
The Ray Bradbury Theatre
Amazing Stories
The Wonder Years
Bosom Buddies
My Two Dads (I still think of Paul Reiser as Carter J. Burke the scumbag/slimeball from Aliens Special Edition.)
Mork and Mindy
Bill & Teds Excellent Adventures(Animated, just the episodes where the voice were provided by Reeves, Winter and Carlin for their respective characters.)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Jonathan Creek has been released on DVD in the UK (seasons 1 and 2, with seasons 3 and 4 to follow later this year). I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like A&E pick that up and release it, or maybe even the BBC's American arm. The show's been pretty successful on BBC America - they finally showed the two Christmas specials this past holiday season.

I'm beginning to believe that patience is the best asset I can have when it comes to TV on DVD - I never thought I'd see the day that Sapphire & Steel was released in the US! (Of course, I have the Australian Region 0 release, so I haven't gotten around to buying the US Region 1 release yet ... :?) I kind of feel if that could happen, anything could happen ...

Steven_T

Auditioning
I am awaiting releases of American Gothic and Victor & Hugo (little known Cosgrove Hall animation)

If these get released I will be a happy boy for all eternity!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks