What's new

Television Shows I'd like to see to arrive on DVD. (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
These are absolutely excellent choices, mates. BTW, I'll update the first post of the television shows I'd personally choose to buy season-by-season. I figure the easiest shows to commit to DVD are the ones which ran for only 1 to 4 seasons, due to the low number of episodes and the factoring in the season-sets would be less expensive. Hmmmm, also, another big factor if the said show was only a 30 minute or 60 minute in-length series the sets would most likely have more discs. Due to said length of each episode and each disc figuring to have a good bitrate for said episodes on the disc, some season sets could have as many as 2 to 4 episodes to a disc. Hell, we do want the studios to take the time and effort to compile extras for the specific season you'd be holding so as to know really enlightening information about said season. I'm eagerly awaiting the first seasons of Quantum Leap; Northern Exposure; Jonny Quest; The Jetsons; The Flinstones and Scooby-Doo.
Only problem is that I'm waiting until the sixth season of The Simpsons arrives on DVD so the earlier seasons will be marked down in price. The same type of resoning to for me to wait for a few more seasons to come out so as to the earlier seasons to drop in price OR so I can wait until all the seasons come out so I'd won't have to wait for all of said seasons to 'arrive': Highlander, The X-Files, Friends, Red Dwarf and some others I can't recall.

Hope my ranting has informed you of my habits as to my collecting habits for TV on DVD. Thanks and have a pleasant experience viewing your collection. :)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Batman TV show
Lost In Space all 3 seasons
Get Smart
The Odd Couple
Leave It to Beaver
Filmation cartoons: Batman, Superman, The Archies, Groovy Ghoolies. Live action shows: Isis, Shazam!
Gilligan's Island all 3 seasons
Green Acres all 6 seasons
The Flash
The Munsters
The Addams Family
The Adventures of Superman
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Incredible Hulk
The Mothers-In-Law
Love American Style
The Flintstones every season

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Shadow Chasers.

Salvage 1.

Misfits of Science.

Max Headroom.

The Second Hundred Years.

The Greatest American Hero.

Wizards and Warriors.

The Man from Atlantis.

Voyagers!

So many good shows that never were around long enough to find their niche audience among Nielsen families, especially since major market outlets wouldn't always run the shows. Heck I wouldn't mind a bare-bones release like Columbia House's release of Alien Nation (now, if only they'd finish it!), so long as the prints were complete and in good shape.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Titles not annnounced yet:

Alice - 9 seasons
American Dreams - 2 seasons so far
American High - 13 episodes
The Bob Newhart Show - 6 seasons
Boomtown - 24 episodes (in the works)
The Brady Bunch - 5 seasons
Brooklyn Bridge - 2 seasons
Brother's Keeper - 1 season
Diff'rent Strokes - 8 seasons
Everybody Loves Raymond - 8 seasons so far (in the works)
Facts of Life - 9 seasons
I'll Fly Away - 2 seasons
Mr. Belvedere - 6 seasons
Newhart - 8 seasons
The Odd Couple - 5 seasons
Taxi - 5 seasons
WKRP in Cincinnati - 4 seasons
Welcome Back, Kotter - 4 seasons
Without a Trace - 2 seasons so far

I wouldn't buy every season of every show - some of the longer-running shows are only good for about half the way.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I'm Waiting on These:

Ally McBeal (S1-S5) ~
Brisco County Jr. ~
CHiPs (S1-S6) ~
Dream On (S1-S6) ~
Family Ties (S1-S7) ~
MacGyver (S1-S7) ~
Millennium (S1-S3) ~
Picket Fences (S1-S4) ~
Seinfeld (S1-S9) ~
Sliders (S1-S3) ~
Star Trek: Enterprise (S1-S3) ~
Star Trek: TOS (S1-S3) ~
Young Indiana Jones ~

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I can tell you right now that my Top Ten list used to include several shows that have already been announced for 2004, so I really feel lucky about that. The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and Quantum Leap all used to be in my Top Ten several months ago and have now been announced. Scrubs, Seinfeld & the Twilight Zone '80s series were there as well, and though we don't know a date, we now know all three are coming soon! Taxi was on my list too, and I believe it's coming from Paramount also.

That leaves me with my new Top Ten List, which features the shows I want on DVD the most that have yet to be announced or even rumored (in order of importance):

1. The Wonder Years
2. The Brady Bunch
3. Home Movies
4. Muppet Babies
5. Blake's 7 (a Region 1 release)
6. Leave it to Beaver
7. Family Ties
8. Square Pegs
9. Welcome Back, Kotter
10. The Andy Griffith Show

Here's hoping a couple more of these are released or announced before the year is up!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Muppet Show in Season Sets
The Brady Bunch (with original "In Color" card and original Paramount Logo)
The Twilight Zone in Season Sets with "Next Week" promos
Fraggle Rock
Designing Women in Season Sets
Batman

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
A lot of my requests have come out lately, but there's a lot more out there. Here are the top requests:
Brady Bunch (I'd actually prefer the later seasons)
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life (For these two,I'd buy the earlier
seasons)
Greatest American Hero
Masters of the Universe (or He-Man)
Thunder-Cats
The Tick (animated)
Here's one that I'm not sure anyone has requested before: The VH1 I Love the 80s series. They were goofy, but I liked the nostalgia factor.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The Virginian
Alias Smith and Jones
The High Chaparral

The Fugitive
Centennial

Return to Treasure Island (mini-series, 1985)
Fraggle Rock

And uhm.. did you all register your entries at TV Shows on DVD already?

Cees

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Here's a few I would like...

The Flash
Batman (60s)
Get Smart
Six Million Dollar Man
Tales From the Crypt

and my long awaited....

The Green Hornet

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ray,

Simple, really. Follow the link in my post (or else the one on top of this sub-forum :) ). On the upper right (below the graphic of the TV set) is a 'Register/Log in' link. Click that link (if you haven't registered yet, do it), and you can add your own wish list. It will count that way and also, you will be notified when one of your choices is announced for DVD!

Cees

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
For those of you like me who have listed The Andy Griffith Show and The Fugitive, I'd like to say that I believe, within the next 12 months (if not by the end of this year), we will see both shows first season released on dvd. I've had some pretty good inside news given to me about both shows recently, and I honestly believe we will have some news or even official announcement on both by no later than the 4th quarter of this year.

Gary "they are both being considered/planned, that much I'm sure of" OS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks