What's new

SVS PB2-Plus Test and Review - Long (1 Viewer)

Paul_Ptaaty

Stunt Coordinator
Well if anyone cares...I ordered a PB2+ to upgrade my PC+ after reading Eds review and the following comments (yeah I know I am a little late!)

Also, I would like to know how to get this CD you guys are talking about. I would be happy to paypal someone a couple bucks to make me a good copy.

send me an email at taatjespj @ kpt^nuwc^navy^mil (no spaces, ^ are .) thanks!!

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Paul_Ptaaty... I tried to send you an email but got the mailer deamon back. If you PM me with your shipping info I will see to it you get a copy from an X Marine free gratus! We assume that you are in the military and appreciate your service to our country! Semper Fi..

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Paul

Please email me, are you a bubble head?

If not which NUWC, naval underwater center, do you work at?

Never mind Keyport, WA right next to the home of the West Coast Tridents.

Scott

Paul_Ptaaty

Stunt Coordinator
I am not in the military, but do work in support as a federal civil service engineer. (I can't really get into what I do....) I do agree we need to support all the sacrifices those in the armed services give. My good friend is in training and has been notified he will be heading over soon.

Thanks for the offers!

I'll try emailing you from my personal account, thanks!

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Not in the military, then I retract my offer. Just Kidding I know what you do and what it does in turn.

Send you a reply to your email.

Scott

VinhT

Second Unit
It is most likely not proper for me to revive this thread for an unrelated topic, but I would not know where else to put this. I have received the organ music CD's from a very generous forum member and wish to extend the generosity by offering to send out copies to those who would like them. Just PM me if interested; no limit.

javry

Agent
.......Who would like CDs from me.
Mark.......

Mark,
I sent you a PM. Sure would like to get on your tree.
Thanks
Javry

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
For anyone who's interested, I gave a copy of SoundHound's Organ CDs to one of my old university professors who is also an organist. He was able to identify many of the selections on these discs.

Here's his list of titles (notes are his, not mine - except for this one, which is mine :D):

Disc 1

1. God of Grace and God of Glory--arr. Paul Manz
2. Prelude in D Major--J.S. Bach
3. Fugue in D Major--J.S. Bach
4. ?
5. Toccata--Gordon Young
6. ?
7. ?
8. Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow--arr Young?
9. Be Thou My Vision--arr Young?
10. Glorious Things of Thee are Spoken--arr. Young?
11. O Master Let me Walk with Thee--Young?
12. Trumpet Tune in D--Young?
13. St. Denio--Young?
14. ?
15. ?
16. Tu es Petra--Mulet

I think most of the above were arr. by Gordon Young or perhaps the organist on the recording. 1,2, 3, 5 & 16 are known.

Cd 2
1. Bach--D Major ?
2. Bach--Concerto in A
3. Rigaudon--by Campra
4. Trumpet Tune--Purcell
5. That's Entertainment
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9.?
10. ?
11.?
12. There's no Business Like Show Business
13. Movement 1 Symphony in D-Mozart
14. Movement 2
15. Movement 3

JKS

Dwayne-S

Agent
Well,

I ordered my PB2+ on Saturday (5/15), and it shipped yesterday (5/18). I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

This will be my first SVS sub, purchased sans audition. I will post my first impressions (hopefully) this weekend.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Quote:

"Honestly, if someone plunks down $1,250 based on my review of the PB2+, and afterward is totally thrilled and considers it money very well spent, I would be both honored and flattered."

Ed,

I would not have hesitated one bit buying the SVS subs based on the SVS subwoofer models you've reviewed so far. I'd do it in a heart beat simply because I think they are some of the technically best and most honest reviewing efforts (besides Nousaine's and Johnson's, of course!) I've seen in quite a spell. The fact that you don't use the usual "high-end" audiophile jargon terms to describe your aural perceptions is icing on the cake for me.

If it wasn't that I've had the B4+ model on my sights for a long while now, I would have definitely purchased couple of the PB2+s purely based on your excellent review, but since certain things worked out in my favor am about to order a pair of B4+s with which to complement the existing 16-46 octet subbass set up in my "big" HT system now that the bank has agreed to extend me more credit (I pity the fools! :D )...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Dwayne:

Please post your impressions for music/movies after set-up and calibration.

Frank:

You are truly a bassaholic. Thanks for the kind words; they will inspire me to finish up the PB2-Ultra review!

What will you be powering the dual B4+ with? Dual Crown K1's? Or a Crown K2? Or something else entirely?

javry

Agent
.......but since certain things worked out in my favor am about to order a pair of B4+s with which to complement the existing 16-46 octet subbass set up in my "big" HT system now that the bank has agreed to extend me more credit.......

Now you're talkin Frank! Just remember, when the earthquakes start, don't say we didn't warn you.
Javry

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank:

You really must post some pictures of your octect array and your dual B4+ arrangement. I have started up a new picture gallery located at http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gallery/index.php to allow members to upload their own pictures of their HT."

Parker,

I would gladly do it but don't know how to. :b
However, perhaps I can do it in the future if my daughter is able to help me on this since she is the computer "hacker" around here ( :D ), has a digital camera, and knows how to navigate her way around the Internet far, far better than I can...

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"What will you be powering the dual B4+ with? Dual Crown K1's? Or a Crown K2? Or something else entirely?"

Ed,

As much as I would love to use Crown amps (either K1s or K2s) with which to drive them, acquiring either model will have to wait until later 'cus right now my checking account is stretched to the absolute outer limits! :D
For now I'll try to run the B4+s with a Samson Servo 2000 amp (currently powers the eight 16-46s) and see (hear) what transpires...

-THTS

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
am about to order a pair of B4+s with which to complement the existing 16-46 octet subbass set up in my "big" HT system
OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!

Do you have an SPL meter that registers high enough? Geez, Frank, you aren't kidding about the SVS-aholic!

If I ever vacation to Cali, you've gotta let me hear this set-up. I envy you.:)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Now you're talkin Frank! Just remember, when the earthquakes start, don't say we didn't warn you."

Javry

Thanks for the warning pal...but am already been blamed by local authorities for having something to do with seismic activities whenever I fire up the "big" HT system... :D

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Do you have an SPL meter that registers high enough?"

Nope...and I don't believe my old Rat-Shack meter would be able to handle that kind of abuse anyway! :D

"If I ever vacation to Cali, you've gotta let me hear this set-up."

George, if you ever visit this area you'll be most welcome to show up for a demo......providing the system still functions and my house is inhabitable and atop its foundations, of course!. :)

"I envy you."

I wouldn't if I was you 'cus my soul is now totally owned by the "company store"!...

-THTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks