What's new

SVS PB2-ISD vs Monitor Audio FB210 Please Help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
I hadn't had one of those Jeff that's why. I'm not sure why I buy "lots of equipment" hadn't quite sunk in. As for feeling compelled to post to EVERY SVS thread it appears the flock's tendency to overdramatize has taken ahold again. If anyone is selling one of the box series at a good price I'll buy that.
Thanks for the laughs gents.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
So you hated the sound of the 20-39PCi and yet desperately wanted to buy the model that sounds exactly the same except it has less extension? You should do more research on those "other" sites before shopping for used SVS's (*ahem* or before listing the one's you have 'owned') or I do say you are in for a lot of disappointment (*ahem* embarassment).

Oh, by the way. Tom V. (the 'V' in SVS) has stated the PB1-ISD box performs "much like" the 25-31PCi, which sounds identical to the 20-39PCi (with less extension) that you owned. Better cross that one off your list.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
I will one way or another *ahem* sorry about your cold, have tried all of them before this is over as I will have tried most of the other competent companies product. Thanks for the concern Jeff, you're good people as they say in Boston.
Don't say it here in the UK of course.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Not concerned, Nick, just baffled as to why one would buy multiple same-sounding versions of a subwoofer whose sound quality they claim to "hate". But hey, it's your money out of your "disposable income" (guess you decided to start at the cheapest 25-31PCi and work your way up, huh?) and you can do what you want with it.

Actually, most outsiders think we're the worlds biggest collection of a&&holes, so I take it you've never been to Boston:D .

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Tony,

I reported this thread two days ago as I had seen enough to know what about 5 more people have discovered over the last 3 pages of posts. I've been a member of the HTF for almost 4yrs (not the oldest but far from the youngest member) and this is NOT the type of behavior I have come to expect on the HTF. I have even suggested that other younger forums that I belong to take a look at how the HTF runs its house. Nothing has been done yet, but I have faith.

Oh, and if you look at Nick's other posts you'll see that at least three of the other threads he's participated in have been locked. In less than two months I'd say that's something. AND he's the only one on his "side" in this thread. Clueless is what I would call it.

- Dan "Not part of the SVS "crazies" b/c I don't even friggen own one" Hine :emoji_thumbsup:

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Dan I would highly doubt expressing my opinion is against the rules. A forum by it's very nature invites debate. If I'm acerbic well that's me Dan and you certainly can avoid my posting style by not reading them, if alternate viewpoints upset you to the point of reporting.
Not the type of BEHAVIOUR YOU expect??? That's rather extreme. Sorry the whole world doesn't agree on everything it would make life a lot easier I guess.

As for "side" there's no side. I dislike a certain sound and most others don't. THIS is a problem? Dear God....

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Troy to answer your question> If your seating is up against the back wall and your in the sweet-spot. If your general listening level is around -15 give or take, the PB2-ISD would foot the bill. If your the kind of guy who likes to push things a little further at times (Maybe showoff or a db race now and then) or if your seating is out in the room? The PB2+ would be a much better decision imo.

From time to time Threads seam to go bunkers as you are experiencing with this one. I wouldn't let it distract your quest. We're talking about a great product and at a great price.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
No Nick. I should have been more clear. It is not that you have an opinion/side. It is how you express it and what you have to say for others for not expressing the same opinion. That is all.

And yes, the way a person expresses an opinion can be VERY MUCH against any forums policy. This isn't usenet.

- Dan

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Well Dan you're overly sensitive that's more than clear and if you think I was dishing abuse you need to reread the entire thread and see if you can GRASP the gist, nay, the whole feel of what was said and by whom.
Nobody was insulted and no speakers were harmed during this entire thread. I guess a speaker debate can be quite stressful for some folks.
Even easier since it appears your sensibilities have been offended for some reason, go for a walk. The outdoors can be lovely and soothing. Enjoy that spring air!

As an aside I certainly don't care if someone agrees with me or not and I would expect the majority of people here are just as secure in their opinions and hearing.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Nicholas R,

Your very first statement in this thread was:

It was not constructive, was not solicited, and did not provide any insight or help to the original poster. It was nothing short of an insult from out of the blue (to the company, and their fans). Mind you, I’m not saying SVS is without some irritating fans, but I don’t know any companies without them – heck, I know of at least one REL enthusiast who is nothing short of a jerk.

I try to be constructive and tactful with fellow members on this and other boards, but I’m going to be blunt here: the only thing you’ve said I believe was in your post about having been to Boston. When pressed to back up any of your claims, your responses remain so far out on the edge of reasonable doubt they read like an O.J. trial. For example, buying all of your SVS’ used with not a single person transferring the warranty even though the PC-Ultra (a brand new product) couldn’t have been more than a few weeks out of the 45 day money back guarantee. You more than imply your opinion matters because you are a “recording engineer” and are therefore the one “TO know”, yet you use terms I would expect from a high-end audio salesman (e.g., “musical”) than from an engineer (e.g., “frequency response” or “total harmonic distortion”). I can’t prove you’re a liar, but without at least some evidence to back up your claims you must understand why I find your posts suspect.

If you don’t care what your fellow HTF members think (my predicted response to this message, along with something about how it’s none of my business how you form your opinions, or how I’m a cult member) then there’s no need to share with them. Frankly, openly discussed opinions are great, but unsubstantiated insults and hidden agendas are useless and destructive.

-Robb

Thanks Steve and Craig,

I ordered the PB2-ISD yesterday.

I will let you know what I think, as for the action on this post, I have found it very entertaining.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Nicholas:

Whether or not you believe that such comments as

are offensive or demeaning to others doesn't matter. No it isn't a personal attack. It is an attack on an entire group of people. And that is not allowed on this forum at all.

If in your opinion you find that SV Subs are SO bad and that you HATE them then I say to stay out of any threads concerning SV Subwoofers. The only thing that you bring to these threads is discord.

This debate between yourself and the rest of the members that own and enjoy their SV Subwoofers is over with. Enjoy what you have and leave it at that.

Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks