What's new

SVS PB2-ISD vs Monitor Audio FB210 Please Help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Craig frankly it is none of your business. I would ASSUME they were purchased new by the different people I bought them from but who knows if I was the second or 12th owners of them? Thanks for the concern about my manhood. It remains well intact.
BTW I purchase a LOT of equipment.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Guys:

Anybody with an agenda can say anything on the internet...and they usually do. Nicholas' agenda is clearly to troll and post negative things about SVS. Has he really owned four? Based on his unwillingness to actually prove he's owned them, I would say he's making up the fact he's owned them, and on the fact he says they're crap. 'Cause if he actually owned them, he wouldn't make the statements he's made. Not sure how to deal with this type of troll. Any suggestions?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Didn't say you did. I said most of the SVS haters have said things like this before. Did not imply that you did, your posts just seem to follow the pattern of "I've owned/heard many", followed by lack of enthusiasm for the sound, followed by claims of A/B comparisions (the better "haters" throw in a blind test or 2...or 10), followed by vitriol against the company itself, followed by statements about "pack mentality", "minions", "blind followers", "SVS club" etc., followed by contempt for (or ignoring of) any requests for information/details from Ron/Tom, followed by excuses as to why the purchase(s) cannot be traced back to them or their "friends", usually followed by closing of the thread.

Nothing new or original on the HTF, you see.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Tony try to understand, even on a basic level, what I have written. Nowhere at all did I say they were crap. I said at this point I do not like the sound and there are better alternatives. Show me once where I used the word crap.
Get over it. Move on. Enjoy your sub.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator

Yes I have owned and heard many. Mainly owned. I have no "vitriol" against the company in many ways I admire them and hope they continue to improve their product. So that's yet another mistake you have attributed to me. We need more companies and competition who make competent subwoofers and products in general.
Requests from Ron or Tom(?) frankly is none of their business nor is it yours. None were bought used from friends as nobody I know other than myself has ever bought or used a SVS.
As for a pack mentality, much like ATI or nVidia, it undeniably exists. Witnessed by the swarms who feel compelled to wade in and insult.
I truly hope this is NOT a closed thread.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Nicholas, getting testy aren't we? So we are to believe you purchased 4 SVS used, in the UK.... but have no information on them. Ok... That is pretty credible.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Ummmmm Craig I do not live in the U.K. This is really getting quite hilarious now.
The only thing that gets me testy are people implying I have written things I haven't. Beyond that debate is healthy. Please if you wish to discuss this on a civil level at some point facts will at least have to make a brief appearance.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You've owned 4 of their subs and you do not know the name of the guy who is the 'V' in 'SVS', designed the product line and posts on this forum frequently? Not much research in your products, although I'll let it slide because you do buy "a LOT" of equipment.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator

I hate SVS subs is how I feel about the SUBs, not the company. From what I know they give wonderful support anytime it is needed. That's a good thing.

As for researching a company and making sure I know what all the letters in the name stand for before I buy something I must confess I am remiss. If I knew that was required I would have done so. Sorry.
I do know what the M in BMW stands for so please count that for something.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Somehow I think you're telling porkies.

If you purchased on SVS sub (and realzied they're "rubbish") why buy three more?

I bought a Audiolab 8000PX poweramp. I think they're great, so bought three more. Now if they were dire sounding poweramps I would use that amp for non critical surround duties, and bought something better for the fronts. But I didn't.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
As I said I go through a lot of equipment especially if I find a good deal. I have an open mind and was hoping perhaps the sound of different models would suit me btter.
It didn't. Will I buy another? Yep looking for a box series to try.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Forgot this one Nick (and it was in the middle of the two you responded to. Must have been a problem with the cut-and-paste).

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

So you admire the company, admire the support and service, admire the products except that there are better alternatives (despite the fact that you "HATE" them) and would buy one again if they improve them; yet the personal and polite request from the owner for suggestions on how to improve the product to your liking is "condescension".

Uhhm, OK...

Why don't you tell us? What are the better alternatives (price and quality included), what is it about the sound you do not like (besides the highly evaluative analysis of "needing a kick in the a%&") and what exactly would you like to see change in order for you to buy one again?

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
A kick in the arse refers to the fact they sound very much like Theil in the bass. Impressive at first unless you know what the recordings SHOULD sound like and I happen TO know.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Nicholas, It was posted earlier you were UK ... since you did not object, that was tacit approval. It really does not matter where you live... you still have yet to establish proof of ownership.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
No somebody assumed, as seems to be the norm here, and accused me of "working for a UK site" Nothing could be further from the truth and again YOU assumed as has become your wont.
As for proof of ownership that is truly ludicrous and verging on being completely laughable. Don't believe I've had them?
Frankly I couldn't care less if you believe me or not.
As for not objecting a lot of assertions being made in this thread are so ridiculous I'd prefer to not dignify them with a response. If you wish to create or embellish facts to make them more palatable to you who am I to not allow this indulgence?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

And what is that? Too much bass, too little, too much "warmth", too "cold", too "bright", too "punchy", too "plastic", too "organic", not enough "decay", too much "decay", too (insert subjective/objective term here)? I think with your knowledge and experience, you can come up with more than (paraphrasing now ) "It does not sound like it should and I happen TO know what that sounds like".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks