What's new

Old Definitive Technology 5.1 Setup. Keep or Replace? (1 Viewer)

DrStrangeL0ve71

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Hi I am a newbie with this stuff so please be gentle! Moved into my Dad's place after he retired.

He left a 5.1 setup in the living room. From what i can tell the front and back speakers are Definitive Tech Mythos Gem, the center is Mythos Three and the Sub is a Supercube II. This is the setup he has had since he got this place around 10-15 years ago.

Since the wiring is all there in the walls and I have been looking at ugrading the TV I have been wondering if I should just keep this audio setup or is there anything new out there that is also budget friendly that would be a worthwhile upgrade. I was hoping to keep it at something like $2k MAX.

The room is not huge and I was looking at the Denon 760H and Klipsch Reference Dolby Atmos at Costco and what I wanted to know if something like that setup would be worth switching out the current speakers for or is the current setup just fine even though it is 10+ years old.

Thanks and appreciate the help.

-Jon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks