What's new

Survivor: Pearl Islands (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Ok...
The damn hurricane knocked electricity out after TiVo had gotten about 58 min of the episode.
Anyone know if CBS is doing an encore screening or anything?

Thanks,
JQ

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Two of the greatest Survivor lines ever said,

"They better hope they don't lose their willies out here."
"I wish their ding-a-lings got caught on a vine"
-Sandra Diaz-Twine

Survivor Pearl Islands-Episode 1

***this is now going to be part of my sig. lol.

I looked away for 2 seconds. So why were 3 naked men doing the challenge?
To answer your question, Osten underwear/shorts kept falling so in order to support their fellow tribemate 2 of his fellow tribe members dropped their drawers in support of him. yeah, pretty stupid.

djb

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
bah... spoilers.

one reason reading this thread is NOT fun.

(and I get my CBS from Spokane, WA so I too am on the west coast).

If someone is dumb enough to be reading this thread past 8 eastern on Thursday, they deserve to have it spoiled. What about Australians and people from other countries who get this show delayed for weeks or months before they see it? can't be politically correct for everybody...

Anyways, great first episode. I for one always wanted ot know how they got on the islands in past episodes, and I enjoyed the segments on board the ship. I would have rather seen some guy dressed as a pirate, and "rustle" them all up on deck and make them "walk the plank" as I REALLY like the theme of this years' and hope they milk it for all it's worth.

I also think that from past seasons that the episodes involving "a trip to town" are the most interesting, as it shows off an "amazing race" feel to survivor (I personally like TAR as well).

Can't wait for more episodes... and this year, I'm not working at the same time as they air anymore. Bring em on!! Are we doing a 15 man survivor pickem this year?

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Didn't they already deviate from their shipwreck theme in the first 30 minutes? If they are only supposed to go in with the clothes on their back, then why give them a bag full of money and send them through a town to buy provisions? So much for the shipwreck survivor theme which could have been really cool had they actually played it out that way. I was hoping they would have been pushed off and said "ok, good luck!"

And that second team, did anyone else sit there and wonder why they didn't look at their map the day before to find water? I think they did stack all the slightly less intelligent players on one group......

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Well, I suppose on a real shipwreck, you might be able to salvage some things of value to possibly barter with the locals. Personally, I was hoping they would just make them walk the plank to keep up with the pirate theme.

This should be an interesting show this time. It does seem that Drake is certainly working together more than Morgan and seems to have an advantage at this point.

I still can;t get over the same mistakes being made by people, being the "leader" is never a good way to ensure you last until the end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still can't believe Nicole's stupidity. Where does Survivor get these clueless people (when it comes to playing the social part of the game)?

When you have a group that wants to pin the fall on another person early in the game, you let them boot that person out, you don't go around trying to boot off an annoying loudmouth by making an alliance with the person that is being targetted for boot-off. Dumb dumb dumb.

I would have like to have see what Nicole could have done with that blue dress...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Didn't the same thing happen to that Hunter guy a few Survivors ago? The tribe appointed him leader and he was doing a great job at it, real nice guy and everything but they backstabbed him real quick and voted him out.

I agree, being leader is not a good thing.

One thing that surprises me still after so many Survivor shows is that you have some idiot going there and starts being all bossy and telling people what to do. These people definately haven't watched the previous shows. That's a big no-no.

I'm talking about Osten. He better start laying low. What a dumb way to start by suggesting the girls (people he just met) to flash their breast in exchange for food. :laugh:
And then he's running around the beach telling people to do this and that.

At least the lawyer guy was appointed leader by the tribe. He didn't come out and try to get leadership like Osten.

But something tells me neither of them is going to last long.

I randomly selected Ryan O. in our Survivor Pool here at work. He's out of the radar so far. I'm hoping he stays that way.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I liked the caption "Morgan behind" during the challenge"

Laughed out loud on that one ...brilliant.

I'm still amazed that one of the teams still had money left over!!!

Whatuse is it now??

The purchase of all the chicken, utensls, tin foil ETC was a VERY smart move, but I doubt the chicken will last more than a day.

Brent

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Talk about under the radar. I don't think I saw Darrah talking on camera until about an hour into the show. She must be the first mortician Survivor. Is that an oxymoron?

Young Ryan looked like Rob after 35 days on Survivor Amazon. What happens if he gets thinner?

I'm on the Rupert bandwagon too. Funny as hell stealing the other tribe's stuff.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
First Survivor I've watched since the original, and I liked it! But, man, I already HATE all of those ass flashers! Can you BE so full of yourself? Even my wife said that Osten got on her nerves immediately, with his "watch me flex" attitude. But Survivor will be recorded, me thinks, as the wife will not miss The Final Season.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I thought giving them money and the clothes on their back was good twist. One team was very smart and bought and bartered for a lot of useful stuff while the other team was completely stupid and only spent half their money. If you think about it they got more or less what the previous teams were given in regards to food and tools.

It is too bad Nicole turned out to be such a loser since all she had to wear was a strapless evening gown and no underwear. :)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
He believes he's a perfect candidate for SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because he claims he is "smarter than the average bear" with great organizational skills, leadership ability, has a strong work ethic and doesn't leave things unfinished.
Could be true, but he ego and foul-mouthed sense of humour will be his downfall.

Lookin' forward to this series! Looks like we've got a good group and some interesting dynamics! :D

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was a great beginning. Put me down as liking that the first person off was one who was a looker, but had probably always been forgiven because of her looks. And had no idea that others would react to her self-absorbed posturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks