What's new
World Wide Stereo

surround sound too low (1 Viewer)

RyanB

Grip
i've been fighting setting this up all weekend. don't know much about HTS but this should be easier than i'm making it. heck there aren't even that many inputs/outputs on the back of the sony dvd/receiver. the way i have it set up now my audio from the tv plays very low through the HTS speakers while everything esle plays fine. thanks
Samsung LN46A500 - LN46A500 LCD TV - televisions SAMSUNG
Sony Brava HTS - DAV-HDX275 | BRAVIA® Theater System | Sony | SonyStyle USA [there's a screen shot of the back of the receiver on the specifications page]
Time Warner Cable set top box - HD - with HDMI connection.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It would be preferable to connect the cable box using the digital coax or optical. I'm not sure this is the cause of the problem you're having, but even if it isn't, using the stereo input means you won't be getting surround sound. If your current cable box fdoesn't provide a digital connection, call them and ask for one.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Ryan --

I have consolidated your various threads from over the years on this topic. Although your equipment has changed, much of the advice you received in the past still applies.

There's no need to start any new threads on this topic. You can use this one for follow-up discussion. Thanks!

RyanB

Grip
thanks but it is actually quite different now - the tv is now an hd tv with different inputs and the av recevier is different as well. there is also one less component involved, but whatever.

maryf

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary Forrest
My parents were having this same problem, and we solved it by manually adjusting the volume on the actual cable box. Because, with the TV, AV system, Blu-Ray, etc., all hooked up, the cable remote volume adjustment was automatically adjusting the AV receiver instead of the actual cable box. Once we manually turned the cable box output volume up, we were able to take the home theater volume off of max without making the programming inaudible. I know it seems really simple, but if you're only trying to pull the volume up with the cable remote, you may not actually be adjusting the volume of the cable box at all. Hope that helps!

ABABAB

Auditioning
Real Name
AB
I have been having similar problem with suround sound (only radio and CD player functions on AV receiver, no video or TV functions) volume too low despite max vol on receiver. This is new over last 2 months, before was fine. Spoke to a friend and was told the amplifier attached to the AV receiver is prbably not functioning. Have not fixed it yet.

ednap206

Auditioning
Real Name
Eddy
I'm having an issue
Bob McElfresh said:
How do you have the TV sound hooked up? It sounds like you might be using L/R analog cables and TV's sometimes have 2 outputs: a line-level and one that goes up/down with the TV volume control. Check on this.
im
Vince Maskeeper said:
Jack- I would normally agree, but since he said the radio was fine, this leads me to think there is a problem: radio level and TV level should be about the same. Immediately the question is: WHERE IS THE TV AUDIO COMING FROM? If you use a cable box, the idea would be to run audio lines off the cable box (if it offers them) and into the receiver. This should solve the problem (make sure if the cable box has it's own volume control that it is turned up). If the cable box has no outputs, then you're probably getting a line output from the TV directly. If so, there should either be 2 sets of outputs (variable and fixed) or a way in the Tv menus to toggle them. If you find the toggle, set it to FIXED and you should be fine. Of course, this was the same advice I gave the first time you asked: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=177038 So i guess it wasn't much help, but we never heard back. -vince[/quot I'm having an issue of myself. Everything from the DVD to iPod and tv sound that comes from the surround sound starts off normal and the begins to quiet down. I have everything hooked up right and have tried resetting the system as well. Is this fixable? It's a Samsung ht-z310 surround sound if it helps. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks