What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Some funny bits but nowhere near as good as I thought this one would be with the boys tricked into visiting a SuperNatural convention.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
They caught the whole feel of a fan convention to a tee. Loved Dean's reaction to finding out they other Sam & Dean were lovers. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
While they can't show Death on a TV budget (and even if they had a movie budget, it's probably better to not show it), it felt like there was a couple scenes missing between that scene and the end with them at Bobby's place.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Totally. If they can't show Death at his fiercest, go the opposite way and make him a reject from The Big Bang Theory.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
On a side issue. I wonder if Jeffrey Dean Morgan (who played Sam & Dean's Dad) didn't become so popular showbiz wise. If his character would have lived and become more like the Bobby character. Someone the boys would come to for aid and guidance.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Playing DVR catchup tonight. Good to see the Winchester boys back in action. I always wonder how dumb these people are on the show that conjur up demons (within the mythos of the show) and yet, they always seem to keep coming up with good ways to bring them arond.

While I thought last week's episode in the insane asylum was a pretty creepy one, I laughed a fair bit this week :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I enjoy the stand alones - they are funny - but come on where the FRAK is the Apocalypse? At this rate another season makes a lot of sense.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Oh no doubt but if they are going to tackle the issue they should have had a plan in hand. Ignoring or pretending it is not happening is the poorest way creatively they could have chosen.

monika

Auditioning
Real Name
Monika
From this post it is proved again that supernatural is so popular show. I like all the episode of it. I have often found blog in internet about the supernatural . I love Gary and Sam both. I watch them in my DISH TV.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They did tackle it. The demon hoped to deliver the occupied vessel over to Satan since it would be easier that way.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I'm not sure how they're "ignoring" it. It seems to be referenced in some way in every episode even though it may not be the central plot of the episode.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sigh. In a bad and exasperated way.

As soon as Dean told his mother who he was it was a given that the episode was going to hit the big old RESET BUTTON. Which they did and so well everything in the episode - except for the appearance of Michael - was for naught.

This story telling device is my biggest pet peeve.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I didn't see the episode as a reset button at all.. the one thing is, that it provided the boys with a different way of looking at how serious this is.. they will remember it, especially the conversation with Michael, where he basically intoned that he'd make it so difficult that at some point Dean would give in.. plus, it provided a means to off Anna, which settles some storylines.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by mattCR

I didn't see the episode as a reset button at all.. the one thing is, that it provided the boys with a different way of looking at how serious this is.. they will remember it, especially the conversation with Michael, where he basically intoned that he'd make it so difficult that at some point Dean would give in.. plus, it provided a means to off Anna, which settles some storylines.
Tell that to Sam and Dean's parents.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
While for them nothing happened, they have never been the focal point of the story, outside of the father in maybe season 1.
The story was really about changing things for Sam & Dean, and for them, things definitely did change. Anna is now eliminated, we've had our first one on one with Michael and we now know why Dean was picked. We also know that at least from the Angel's viewpoint, Dean's non-compliance is mostly an annoying formality...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks