ESSmfS_XUAATISa[1].jpg

Previous Season Threads:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6

"The 100" will (finally!) begin its seventh and final season on May 20th at 8 PM Eastern. The season will consist of 16 episodes, matching the second and third seasons, bringing the show to an even 100 episodes. The seventh episode of the season will be directed by Lindsey Morgan. A backdoor pilot for a potential prequel series set during the nuclear holocaust and its immediate aftermath will air at some point during the season.

They started shooting the series finale today. Jason Rothenberg (the showrunner for all seven seasons) is directing the finale.

Casting News:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"The 100" has completed filming on its series finale:
The100_S07_001.jpg

There were only a couple shooting days left when the directive came down from Warner Bros. Television to suspend production. Rather than go through the expense of having to resume production at some future date, the show opted to keep going and finish things up as quickly as possible.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Returns tonight.

Super stoked about this. I will probably watch the S6 finale this afternoon (as a refresher)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that the show will be flip flopping between the story with most of the cast on Sanctum and the Echo/Gabriel/Hope subplot on Skyring.

The technology behind the Anomaly appears to be very similar to Stargate: A portal that allows instantaneous travel between worlds, created by ancient higher-level beings but utilized much later by humanity for its own purposes. Having two planets on normal time and one planet on vastly accelerated time allows the show to play with time in interesting ways without resorting to time travel. Not only did it allow the show to SORAS Diyoza's baby, but it allowed Octavia to live ten years and an entirely different kind of life in the blink of an eye. If means that the Echo/Gabriel/Hope subplot could play out over years before they make it to one of the other planets.

I like how this final season is tackling many of the story threads that have been set up over the course of the previous six seasons: Whether Clarke and the rest can create a peaceful and stable society on Sanctum; what happened to the other Eligius missions; what the Anamoly is; what the Dark Commander's end goal is; etc.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
False Gods:
After the first two brilliant episodes, this was a bit of a letdown for me.
Had a middle of Season 5 vibe

Hopefully next week is back up to speed.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This was a table-setting episode: Pulling Raven down from her high horse, getting the Dark Commander out of the dire straights that the show left Russell in at the end of last season, freeing Madi from having to pretend to still be the Commander, stoking tensions between the various Earth factions and the various Sanctum factions.

Based on the preview, the anamoly plot will finally intersect with the Sanctum plot.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Another terrific episode.

A whole lot to digest. But answers/explanations to a lot of stuff.

It was nice to see more of SkyRipper rather than Bloodreina. And I loved the reaction to Pike's death.

I saw a comment after last week's episode that since Orlando was a 12th Level something, and also that on old earth 12th Levels had access to the bunker (season 4), there might be a connection between the creation of the bunker and Bardo.

And considering that the supposed back-door pilot episode deals with the same time-frame (first destruction of earth), that episode could also be used to show the history of the people of Bardo.

I assume the that Bellamy was thrown through the Bridge - not killed

And a Happy Birthday to Marie Avgeropoulos.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m struggling with this season: I felt completely adrift in the opening two episodes, at times lost in the sci-fi word salad. I’m starting to get more connected now. I’ve generally enjoyed more the story on skyring than on Sanctum, perhaps because it’s more character based, or maybe just new and different. But last weeks episode lost me with four year jump to the inexplicable plan to escape and the even more inexplicable decisions to betray the Level 12 prisoner.

I’m still confused by the seeming change from last season’s people having mystical visions of the anomaly’s symbols to the the orb is just the interface to dial up a wormhole.

I like seeing Murphy continue to grow, and become a leader and not just a survivor. The time distortion and ramifications for the scattered team making poorly informed decisions to try and reconnect is compelling.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I found the hopping between multiple time periods in tonight's episode a bit hard to keep track of; while the general chronology for each character grouping made sense, it was difficult to wrap my head around how the various pieces interlocked with each other.

I was pleased to see Neal McDonough appear in the episode as either the Big Bad or a top henchman to the Big Bad. He's value added to anything he participates in.

I'm also a bit perplexed by the depiction of gravitational time dilation this season: All three planets connected by the anamoly are in proximity to a black hole. Skyring is the furthest from the black hole, so time moves fastest. Sanctum is closest to the black hole, so time moves slowest. Bardo is somewhere in between, so time moves a lot slower than Skyring but still fast enough that a couple weeks on Bardo equates to only several seconds on Sanctum. That all makes sense. But Sanctum was shown to be in parallel time to Earth time, Earth is not near a black hole, so if anything Earth time should be parallel to Skyring time, and the survivors of Earth's desolation should have arrived at Sanctum only a day or so after the initial colonists did.

I’m struggling with this season: I felt completely adrift in the opening two episodes, at times lost in the sci-fi word salad. I’m starting to get more connected now. I’ve generally enjoyed more the story on skyring than on Sanctum, perhaps because it’s more character based, or maybe just new and different.
I think part of it is that we haven't gotten to really see any of these characters live peaceful lives. This show is built around conflicts, so the peaceful times have pretty much had to take place during time jumps: Monty and Harper growing old together while everybody else was in cryogenic hibernation, and Skyring similarly allows characters to have years of peaceful, restorative experiences without expending any meaningful time from Sanctum's point of view.

But last weeks episode lost me with four year jump to the inexplicable plan to escape and the even more inexplicable decisions to betray the Level 12 prisoner.
Echo made a tactical decision; their tentative alliance with the Level 12 prisoner was built around accomplishing their rescue mission while making the greatest effort possible not to take any lives. When Hope was forced to kill one of the helmet heads right at the onset, and it became clear that the Level 12 prisoner had been close to the person slain, she could no longer trust that he wouldn't betray them. As we've seen previously, Echo is uncompromising when it comes to protecting the people she cares about.

I’m still confused by the seeming change from last season’s people having mystical visions of the anomaly’s symbols to the the orb is just the interface to dial up a wormhole.
The mystical element was played up in the season premiere a bit too, before Russell Prime got overwritten by Sheidheda, so I'm guessing that we'll circle back to that later in the season.

Speaking of: It was refreshing that Indra figured out where the Dark Commander ended up so quickly. A lesser show would have waited much longer for his identity to be revealed.

I like seeing Murphy continue to grow, and become a leader and not just a survivor.
He's one of the best characters on the show, who gets most of the best one-liners. I like his relationship with Emori, too, which started getting him to think beyond his own immediate self interest. And Emori, for her part, knows and accepts him for who he is.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's planted pilot for the prequel, set on Earth two years after the bombs dropped, filled in a lot of gaps in the mythology.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I enjoyed it as well.

This season has been incredibly strong, with only one slightly weaker episode IMO (False Gods)

I hope that CW picks up both proposed prequel series (The 100 - title unknown, and Arrow - possible title Canaries)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One thing I'm really liking at this point in the final season is that some of the major characters are breaking their past patterns of behavior, and showing they've actually learned something from all of the past horrors they've inflicted and endured.

Neal McDonough felt kind of wasted as the Shepherd's top henchman. He gave a great performance, but it didn't feel like the role needed an actor of his caliber.

On the other hand, John Pyper-Ferguson is terrific as the Shepherd, with great writing to support his performance. He's playing the kind of bad guy who is certain that he's the good guy. Presumably, if the prequel spinoff centered around his character's daughter two years into nuclear holocaust, he'll pop up in flashbacks and the like on a recurring basis.

Ivana Miličević said in an interview that Diyoza was originally intended to be a straight-up villain with no redeeming qualities. But then when Miličević got pregnant, they decided to write the pregnancy into the show. I'm so glad they did, because the Diyoza who became a mother was so much more interesting than the Diyoza that first stepped off of that spaceship would have been.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I admit, I loved watching Russel / Sheidheda (JR Bourne) chew the scenery in the last episode! I'm also hopeful of Murphy finally redeeming himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks