What's new

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Depends on the font.

And "O-ring" is easier to say (and print) than "rectangle-ring".

"Slipcover" is just as easy to say, and makes a lot more sense.

O-Rings, also known as "O-Cards," have openings on two sides. Slip cases have one opening.

A slipcover has two openings and you slide it over the top (or bottom) of the keepcase. A slipcase has one opening usually (though not always) on the side.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
If you look down at it from above, it will look somewhat "o" shaped.

I prefer to call them "sleeves" because they function like sleeves. Most people seem to like calling them "slipcovers" or just "slips" which sometimes is confused with "slipcases".
I agree with sleeves. I bin them after taking the wrapping off as I dislike excess packaging.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
I don't know why, but I've always preferred square design to curved forms. Everything from cars (I have a Jeep Wrangler) to media...Books, VHS, LD, CD and even LP's. When BR first rounded their corners I hoped that Digibooks and the few asthetic snap cases with square corners would lead the way. That didn't happen. So, today's slipcases and slip covers help hide what is for me design ugliness!

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Do you feel the same about dustjackets on books? (Perhaps you don't buy hardcover books...)
No, but if the covers themselves had the same printing as the jackets, I might. Books are a little different, as the content and packaging are effectively the same thing. At this point, I keep all my discs in binders, anyway. I keep the slips and recycle the cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks