What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 on 10/4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Please let us know, Ric. I don't particular want to have to rush to buy season 8 in order to get an exchange, so I'd like to know for sure corrected sets are on the market. If yours is corrected, maybe we can figure out how to tell the difference if one can by looking at the outer box.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well isn't that something? Running time for "Threads" is over 1 hour 5 minutes. What a surprise! There was nothing on the packaging that I could see that would tell you that it was indeed the extended version. A shame there was no audio commentary for it... But I'd much rather have the whole episode. Sku number on the pakage is 27616 12188, same as DVD Profiler. Though there is a small space and then a 2 after the barcode. Could that be an addition?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
People, please check your packaging if you have the original release. It's great news that I can maybe get it right the first time.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Original release -- info from the UPC code on the bottom of the outer box:

At the top of the UPC code: ISBN 1-4049-9406-8

At the bottom: 0, then 2 thin (long) lines, a space, a thick (long) line and a thin (long) line, then , 27616, then two thin (long) lines, then 12188, then two thick (long) lines, maybe a very small space (not sure...hard to tell for sure), then two thin (long) lines, then a 2. I hope that makes sense...

As for the Disc 5 keepcases/artwork, I haven't yet noticed any differences. Both even list a run time of "Approx. 176 Mins." I can't compare the UPCs since I sent in the one from the original Disc 5 case.

No obvious differences in the discs that I can see...

All of the keepcases in my original set are the exact same style, but the new one is a slightly different hub design. You couldn't see that until after you opened the case, of course, and even if you could it probably wouldn't mean anything...they probably just got a batch of different style cases at the production facility.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It looks like it's going to be sheer luck, then. I'm thinking I'll avoid getting it at Fry's, as they don't seem to move too many Stargate sets.

John*D

Second Unit
Got mine from the DDD 20% sale and it's the CUT version. So not all are uncut from DDD...

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
When I order STargate from DDD, the buy 1 get 1 free sale, I heard about the edited Threads ep. SO I avoided buying that set.

My understanding is the Region 4 has the full version so I will get that.

Bill_Nolan

Agent
Woo-hoo!:

"Your STARGATE REPLACEMENT DVD offer was received on 11/17/2005 and was shipped on 12/30/2005."

FYI, I sent the form, the receipt, and the clipped corner of the insert.

- Bill

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Just received this from the MGM/Sony sale over at Digital Eyes (same sale as the DDD sale, but I had trade-in credit there).

The running time is indeed 1:05:37, so it looks like I received the repressed version. For the record, it has Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate merchandise ads inside, and strangely TWO UPCs on the outside (one printed on the box, and the other a sticker on the outside [both the same UPC though, weird.).

Bill_Nolan

Agent
Received my corrected version today. A whole new case/insert/etc. Now I have both...

Pretty painless correction!

- Bill

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
There were 2 versions of season 8 at Best Buy when I was there. 1 of them has a little gold sticker listing the features, and the other one doesn't. Could this be our key in telling which pressing is which?

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
The sticker is definitely key, at least at Best Buy. All the seasons at Best Buy here have a little gold sticker on the front, as I mentioned. There were a few copies of season 8 on the shelf the didn't have a sticker. The ones with sticker are the new fixed release and the ones without are old copies. Just FYI

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
How did you find out which was which? I'll be glad to get the right copy without having to send anything in.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I noticed that there were ones with and without stickers the day I bought it. I ended up with the cut version, so I went back and exchanged for one of the ones that had that sticker on it. You can also hear the 2 adverts for Atlantis and Stargate merchandise sliding around in the box if you shake it, so whoever said that was also on the money. :)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Plus, I would also suggest buying it at Best Buy. They have that Buy 1 TV Show on DVD and get 1 Free. I plan on picking up the New Outer Limits and one of those other sets.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I checked the website for the replacement, and the status shown was:

Your STARGATE REPLACEMENT DVD offer was processed on 1/19/2006 and is Pending Final Audit.

Can anyone here who has gotten their replacement say how long they had to wait for the Final Audit to be done?

Thanks!

Jimmy!

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
for me, it was processed on a friday and sent out on the monday. some people have reported that it took 4-5 days to send out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks