What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 on 10/4 (1 Viewer)

Tom gre

Agent
Hi
i sent my Stargate sg1 season 8 in to MGM/Sony to get the long version of threads. does anyone know if you can call them to see if they got it yet?

thank you

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
As painful as it was, I also held out on buying the set until the corrected versions made their way onto store shelves.

I can also confirm the sets with the GOLD STICKERS on them contain the corrected versions.

Threads is a fantastic episode, and one of the most important stories to date...I can't imagine not having the full version!

H

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
OK what am I doing wrong?

I just bought Season 8 yesterday and found that Threads is the cut version.

I go to checkmyrebate.com

I click on Find A Rebate

And then in the pull down menu there is no choice for COLUMBIA TRISTAR / SONY / MGM

Could some kind soul go to checkmyrebate.com and see if this is just me?

Thank you

Andy

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Oh crap, I think I am screwed.

I missed this important piece

"Submissions must be postmarked by January 31, 2006, and sets purchased before the end of this year."

Now what am I going to do? Why would they end the exchange at the beginning of the year when it they still have the incorrect discs out there?

Andy

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
It seems to have been changed on www.checkmyrebate.com!

All dates have been extended.

Now you need to have purchased by 3/31/2006 and sent in the exchange by 4/30/2006

Thanks if anyone on here had anything to do with this!

Andy

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Received mine yesterday!

Looks like they paid US$14.00 in postage to ship the DVD from New Jersey to Ontario! :eek: I'm wondering if that was overkill, since I've ordered DVDs from the US before, and the shipping has never been that high. At any rate, a hearty :emoji_thumbsup: and "thank you" to MGM for making this exchange available to their Canadian customers at no charge, even though it appears to have cost them some $$ to do so.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Okay, I'm coming into this thread late. Sorry for being lazy, but would it be possible for someone to give me a run-down on the problem without me having to read all four pages of posts? I just picked up season 8 from BarnesandNoble.com and want to know if I got the correct version of "Threads"...and if not, how to get it. Thanks!

John*D

Second Unit
Robert,

There were two cuts of the episode "Threads". One UNCUT version that ran ran for its original broadcust airing and another CUT version intended for syndication. The syndication version was included on the DVD set even though TPTB said the UNCUT version was going to be included on the set. To see which version you have, put in the DVD and start playing the Threads episode. Then check the total time for that episode and if its ~43 minutes then you have the CUT version. If its ~63 minutes then you have the UNCUT version.

I simply photocopied the UPC/POP labels from the 5th disc's case and cut them out and taped them to the order form I printed out at the rebate site.

Good luck!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And if your copy had a gold sticker on the outer shrinkwrap, you should be okay. That's been the report in this thread.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys! I was hoping to not open the package until I was ready to watch it (I'm only up to season 5 in my viewing), but since there was no Gold Sticker I will most like have to put it in and check the length.

Tom gre

Agent
Hi
i have bin checking the checkmyrebate.com everday and it just has date submitted online 1/18/2006. how long does it take them with date processed/date shipped?

thank you:angry:

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.

I bought Season 8 and made sure it had the gold sticker.

Unfortunately "Threads" is edited, despite having the sticker :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks