What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 on 10/4 (1 Viewer)

Roger_R

Second Unit
That's great. Now I have to wait for that replacement disc to pop up on ebay before I can buy the season set because it's not very likely they'll offer this replacement outside region 1-territory... :frowning:

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking the same thing,I just bought the set but it's unlikely the wil give replacements to people from other countries.I think the episode on the discs released in the U.K. might be the full length version so i may just pick that disc up and hey presto,problem solved:D

Roger_R

Second Unit
Well, I have the region 1 releases of seasons 1-7, so I'd prefer to continue to pick up that version. I also heard that some of those European versions, which were released long before the region 1 version, lack the commentaries, or most of them.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Season 8 lacks the audio commentary in the UK edition, but the region 2 version does have more extras than the region 1 version of the show overall... and the full version of 'Threads'. :)

Besides, MGM UK are sending out replacement discs with the missing commentaries anyway.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Is there somewhere that we need to sign up, or someone we need to email to request a exchange or replacement? I'm thinking that this info hasn't been released yet, but I just want to be sure....

John*D

Second Unit

According to Gord's web site, MGM will announce specifics soon.

Go check out the previously posted link for tvshowsondvd.com

Eric F

Screenwriter
Ideally this would be the best way, but I'd settle just for getting the right version. I'm holding off from watching this right now until I get the complete version.

I hope the PQ remains intact after they put the longer version on the DVD.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Any updates?

I guess I'm going to give in and watch with the shorter version.:frowning:

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished watching Season 8. It was a lot of fun. Obviously, one of the key episodes was "Threads". It was great but I found resolution a bit puzzling. (Maybe this is not the thread to discuss the episode, because I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet).

I am wondering if the longer version of Threads that's supposed to be coming is going to be clearer.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose everyone's seen the announcment regarding the swap on TVSonDVD? Well, it's a good thing it's happening at all, but I'm screwed...I'm from Germany. What do I do now. :frowning:

John*D

Second Unit
Questions...

Jewel Case? If you send them the keepcase and DVD insert. Will they send the replacement disc in a Keepcase with a revised DVD insert, or return the insert?

POP (proof of purchase)? Who would want to cut up the DVD insert? NOT ME!!!!

Since this offer expires December 31st...

I'll wait for a REpressing of the set. I'm not about to cut up the packaging or lose the DVD insert.

:star: They should have just done what they did with the season 5 stills gallery, mail out a disc with just the missing material on it. Simply send us a disc with the missing uncut threads (with a commentary if one was recorded).

If they want proof of purchase, let us include a photocopy or a copy of the receipt/invoice from purchasing the set.

:thumbsdown:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Alex, that's the unfortunately thing of ordering region 1 sets when you're in region 2; the companies can't support you if something goes wrong.

Gord

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
This is amazing. Short of coming into our homes and spitting in our faces, Sony has insulted and ripped all of us off in so many ways it makes one think what will take for people to react to this menace. Really, no one from this forum should ever buy anything with the Sony brand on it again.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well it'll be a few years before I pick up this set then. When I purchased the Season 7 set I had problems with Disk 5, manufacturing problems that prevented the disk from p[laying. When I exchanged it through MGM they didn't make me jump through that many hoops. All I had to do was send in the defective disks and they sent me a replacement.

With Sony in charge of things now, they're becomming a pain in the ass about it and I think I'll wait for the repressing as well.

Sony screws up these DVD sets and they expect us to jump through hoops in order to9 get a replacement? What the f&^k? Is Sony trying to find all the bad ways to piss consumers off? First the whole copy protection CD thing with the spyware now this DVD exchange thing? Sony seems intent on pissing off their consumer base. What are they thinking? That fans won't care?

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I haven't bougth the set YET...when I said I was screwed I was referring to myself never ever being able to get the correct disc.

However, if it can really be expected that later pressings of the srt WILL include the correct version, then I'll just wait.....however, I am not too sure that is really going to happen. If anyone finds out, please let this thread now...

EDIT: Ah, wonderful...just found this on gateworld.net:

"Haven't bought the set yet, and wondering if you should wait? It is not known whether Sony is replacing the disc in future manufacturing runs, but since the disc is not actually defective the company may opt not to. The most reliable way to get the full version of "Threads" is to buy the set and send in the exchange request form."

:frowning:

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like I'm heading over to ebay and dumping my STargate SG-1 DVD's then. I so hate Sony for screwing its American fans of its products.:thumbsdown:

And I used to love this show before I read about this latest news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks