What's new

Stargate Season 10 (1 Viewer)

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

He's a member of the NID, which oversee's everything that the SGC does, he doesn't need clearence to do anything. If Barrett really wanted to be a jerk, he could've just taken Ba'al(s) but he seems to have a respect for what they do, unlike other members of the NID. Though I wonder how that will play seeing as the SGC think he's a security risk and has been brainwashed.

Overall I thought it was an alright episode, but after the coolness that was episode 3 and the victory that the good guys got against the Wraith and the Ori it's hard to come back. I am looking forward to the 200th episode though!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm trying to think back, i'm fairly sure there are episodes where story threads turn up but haven't been resolved... as of yet. anyone remember what those were?

PS when is the 200th? hopefully not the spring =).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Crichton (Ben Browder) was an American astronaut who got shot through a wormhole to a "distant part of the Universe".

He constantly used pop cultural references, and no one ever knew what the heck he was talking about. It was kind of a running gag during the entire series.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
this week's ep was meh, so so. i hate filler episodes... why not cut the budget out for these altogether (a la hbo shows)? that's why i like BSG, there's very few fillers.

Arild

Supporting Actor
I don't know if it could be called "filler", really... Stargate has always been episodic. Just look at the early seasons; the arc-based episodes were in the minority. Nowadays most episodes are part of the bigger story, but I don't mind it when they do the occasional story-of-the-week episode - that is, after all, what Stargate used to be all about.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I know that I'm in the minority but I prefer a series that actually resolves major conflicts in a reasonable number of episodes but rarely more that 10 or so and never more than a season's number of episodes. A season ending climax is OK as long as it's resolved within 2 or 3 episodes of the next season and moves on to the next conflict. This of course requires good writers who don't just reset the stage every few episodes, which drives me nuts.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
that's exactly what i thought =). and that would be doom3, doom1&2's demon was a bit more... spritey shall we say. copyright anyone? heh heh heh.

i much prefer B5's multiyear arc instead of episodic.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
OK...I'll be the first to admit that I loved it, and I laughed out loud quite a few times. The spoofs and the proposed plot points were dead-on...and hilarious, and there were some real quips in the writing. One of my favorites was when Carter said that she hoped they hadn't done anything to permanently damage the gate, and then somebody else asked how something could work perfectly well for ten years and then...... !!!

It's just nice to know that THEY know what WE know. (And I'm one of the ones who still loves the show even this late in the game.)

A good spoof can make me forgive a lot...and this one did exactly that.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Absolutely loved the 200th episode! It was right on the mark at poking fun at everything that has gone on since Wormhole Extreme.

Favorite line was from Tealc in reference to why a failed TV show would then be made into a movie *cough*Firefly*cough*

"Reportedly it sold quite well on DVD." - Tealc

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Some of the bits (the Wizard of Oz one in particular) went on too long, but the last twenty minutes were hilarious.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i didn't know they were going to reference farscape so soon.

it was so out of whack it's so funny =). they must've used every slang from the show.... lol!!! it was definitely surreal. i want to see some behind the scenes about that specific spoof =). totally awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks