What's new

Stargate Season 10 (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It's the contact lenses covering up her beautiful eyes. Threw me for a minute, till the voice kicked my brain into gear and by that time, the credits were rolling and there was the name.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
Deja vu. This would be like the last episode for season 8, before the series was at the last minute extended for another season.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
finally caught this latest ep. it was OK, run of the mill. what's with evil daughters these days? the 4400 just had a run of an evil character as well =).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
This applis to both shows. It looks like Sci-Fi is taking Friday Sept. 29 off then, as far as new shows.

Still irks me them calling next weeks shows "finales". They didn't used to do this when it came to their mid-season break. Last year was the first time. It was annoying then, and even more annoying now. Frickin' Sci-Fi Execs are such whores, they'll do ANYTHING to try and hype something more than it should be. At least they list it as "summer finales" not "season finales".

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
so... what do you guys think?

the dragon bit was predictable... but i wish they would end it after the dragon bit for the cliffhangers. you know they're going to defeat the dragon anyway. what i need to know is what happens to the anti-ori weapon.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
They are showing Dr. Who on the 29th, which will be new for most of the USA (unless you have friends in far places:D).

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Bugs the crap out of me too. I've always hated that they took such a long break to begin with - but I do understand the reason... somewhat (avoid the conflict with other network regular season shows as much as possible).

But Sci-Fi's been doing that since they got Stargate. I've never seen them NOT call it a season finale when it really wasn't.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hmm, I thought Season 8 it just took a break. At the end of the mid-season show, just had a preview for the following week that didn't say "all new" and was obviusoly a rerun.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Actually, I kinda prefer it this way. That way, you know when the hiatus is going to happen. It was annoying during the Farscape years when the new shows would just end, and you weren't quite sure when they were going to restart.

Jason

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I do. While I could see a TV or DVD movie, or even a (sort-of) resolution on Atlantis if a movie or miniseries doesn't pan out, I have a hard time believing that a full season of 20-22 episodes would be created, given that Sci-Fi has put the kabosh on that idea. They've had ten years; that's an excellent run. And while I'll watch whatever they put out, I'm not clamoring for this as much as I am for something that never was given a chance - Firefly.

The only way they could do it was either through the internet, PPV or DVD. While I think this model would be profittable, I don't think it would make as much as going to a network, and so, I don't know if MGM, or whoever the owner is, is willing to put out the funds necessary to make a mild profit.

In the end, SG1 has been a great show. I hope that they have a satisfactory resolution to the Ori storyline while leaving open the possiblity of some type of return.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The only way you are getting another season of SG-1 is if another network picks it up. At this point, that's highly unlikely, since Sci-Fi is about as bottom of the barrel as you can go, and that this show is somewhat past its prime.

It is unfortunate, since I probably enjoy it more than the "Trek-lite" that Atlantis has become so far.

Jason

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I didn't start watching SG-1 until season 8. I didn't have Showtime and when Sci-fi started showing it, I never new what was new and what was reruns. Plus I was pissed because my beloved Farscape got axed. Then they started Altantis and I figured, what the Hell, I'll give them both a shot.

So I joined RDA in his final year and it seemd like there were a whole lot of "bottle" shows. They also had so much history that it was hard to tell who was who and what was going on. But I continued to watch because SG-1 and Atlantis was a good warm up for the big show... Battlestar Galactica!

Anyway, when Ben Browder joined and they started this whole new arc, it got much easier to follow and I've enjoyed the show quite a bit. I've also enjoyed Claudia Black's addition to the cast. I just hope these folks don't think they brought along the Farscape curse!

Even though I wish the show could go for say one more season, I think they had a good run. I just hope they are able to wrap up the Orri storyline. I'll miss the gang, but I have 7 seasons of DVDs waiting for me that I can watch when the party is over.

Say, did they add that shot of Claudia running to join the SG-1 team at the gate in the opening credits just recently? I just noticed it a couple of weeks ago after she got her SG-1 patch. Y'know its kind of a "Hey, wait for me!" shot.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I believe they added that to the first episode that followed the one were she officially joined the team.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Noticed the same thing. Figured I just missed it before now. Thanks for the clarification.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
looks like their massive licensing budget has affected SF's decision to renew...

but c'mon. is it really THAT massive? would the stars take no raise for year for a 11th season? nope =). blame it on greed? on the "system"?

the SF rep said that if MGM lowered their licensing, SF would renew the series, perhaps that's just PR?

we always knew it'd be difficult to sustain a TV series in general for 10 straight years due to star power demanding salary increases (witness Friends) and eventually the series itself will run out of budget to accomodate the stars AND visual fx AND the raises of all the crew.

so it has come to this? money? or are fans tired?

i can understand simpson being on for that long due to low cost of making an ep of simpsons barring any star power.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks