What's new

Spider-Man 2.5 (yes, it's already planned!) (merged) (1 Viewer)

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Anyone else pick this up today? The extras are all completely new...

Disk One:
Audio Commentary by Producer Laura Ziskin and Screenwriter Alvin Sargent
Spidey Sense 2.1 trivia track with integrated pop-ups that take you on the set during key scenes

Disk Two:
Sneak Peek: Spider-Man 3
Inside 2.1 featurette
Multi-Angle: Danny Elfman's Score
"With Great Effort Comes Great Recognition" featurette
VFX Breakdown: An in-depth look at the Visual Effects of Spider-Man 2.1

Collector's Bonus Disk
The Villians Of Spider-Man 3 (Approximately 13 minutes)

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
Several folks @ DVDTalk have reported picking it up at a super-large retailer and that that un-named retailer has an exclusive bonus disc with a doc about the Spider-Man 3 villians @ 12 minutes long.

Two discs for $12.88? I'll pick one up this afternoon!

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Well, I just came from the major retailer this afternoon and they indeed have it.

I'm only seven minutes into the film and whether the new cut works or not is irrelevant at the moment because this might be the version I'll only watch. They remastered this bad boy and it looks much, much better than the previous disc.

From where I stand, they seem to have taken alot of the grain out of the film...Again, this is only seven minutes in but it's noticeable difference....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
isnt this out today?

why the secret on who is selling the extra disc

ok never mind, did some research, next week it is, or is it.
;)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I also found it early at the one big store. it was 12.88 and includes a third disc about spidey 3. there is no ticket for spidey 3.
the PQ is much better then the original version.. or even the superbit if you ask me.
Jacob

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
TheBat,

I agree that the picture quality is even better than the Superbit release. Hands down....

After finishing the film this evening, I personally feel that 2.1 is the definitive version of Spider-Man 2. I still have problems with the film but at least, the story has more room to breathe. Peter's struggles don't seem so overbearing as they once did in the theatrical cut.

Plus, the new Mary Jane scene, for me, helps complete her character motivations and actions for the rest of the film. The scene isn't particularly written well but it just seems to help her character ten fold with it being included.

And the Jameson scene is a riot. How that didn't make it into the theatrical cut is a mystery to me. That scene alone was worth this double dip...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
had time to run out and find this tonight.

i'm such a spider-man junkie

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Demis

After the homeless guy goes to the Bugle and gives Jameson the Spidey outfit, Jameson puts it on without the mask and jumps on the table and acts like Spider-Man. Hoffman, Betty, and the black guy look on from outside his office.

It's absolutely hilarious...

DexterPQ

Agent
Real Name
Andi
Compare between the theatrical and the extended version.

schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=3864

Rolando

Screenwriter
??? weird, cannot find even a mention of these at BB or Futureshop's Canadian sites. odd...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I finished the movie last night. I must say that I really liked it.. it had the character moments that were missing from the theatre version. I thought this version had a much better pacing with the new footage then the theatre version.

the PQ was just awesome.

Jacob

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
TheBat,

Did you think that the new MJ scene helped fill out her character actions for the rest of the film as I did?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
yes. I agreed competely. that scene really help set up everything.. specialy when she had to talk with peter after the play. a better connection.

Jacob

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Andrew,

To me, it's a toss up on which version of the Hal Sparks scene works. Both are really, just too long.

Still, it's something Raimi wanted in there and now you just have to decide which version you like. I guess I like this version a tad better because they talk more....the whole "Spider-Man PR" thing is funny to me. But, still, it's too long.

As for the new MJ scene, absolutely TheBat. It just makes every MJ scene after it make more sense. It fills her character out now...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I like the alternate scene with Hal. it was funny...

specially spidey's response to the business card.

Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks