What's new

Spider-Man 2.5 (yes, it's already planned!) (merged) (1 Viewer)

David Jay

Stunt Coordinator
Well, DVD Empire has Spider-Man 2 UMD listed as May 17th, with all the rest of the UMD titles as April 19th. Go figure. :rolleyes

Can't post a link yet, but there's a link to their UMD section on the left-hand side of their main page.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit

No, it was not a deleted scene from the movie, it's only a Teaser. The only thing changed in the movie was the reflection of the WTC in the Eyes of the Spidey's Mask. The Copter in a huge web is only a joke in fact.

But, it's sad the teaser was not on the DVDs. It was released in one Promotional DVD before the WTC events, but very hard to find now. But I keep my Hi-Quality file in .mov burned on a CD!

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
Regardless, it is known that the 1st movie suffered its share of cuts, from the ones made to the final fight in order to get the PG-13 rating, to a scene with Eddie Brock (Venom) and also the infamous mech-organic webshooters.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I think he meant deleted scenes AND the WTC trailer, and wasn't trying to imply the WTC trailer was a deleted scene.

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't be so surprised. I mean, Fox has announced plans to release X-Men 2.5 before X3 hits the theatres. That's 3 years after X2 came out. Sony could very well do the same.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Well, here we are two and a half years after the original mention of it, and now it's finally announced.

I'm glad I didn't hold off on purchasing the current DVD, as I seem to recall originally planning to.

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo

That's exactly what I did. I can't say I regret waiting, since I don't, but it's kind of funny that I've lived without a $15 DVD for so long over a matter of principle.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
remember that you can catch the new recut of spidey 2 on the FX network on january 2, 2007.
judge the extra footage for yourself.

Jacob

Looking forward to seeing what extra footage is included. I wonder if we'll see more of the chocolate cake scene which created some confusion out there as to its purpose.

I'd also like to see more Doctavious footage lamenting the death of his wife, something that seemed forgotten after that initial scene by the water. And anything more with Betty Brant. The one effects shot which I'd like to see improved is that first impact of the train just before it teeters over the edge. The collision and way it shakes about just doesn't hold up to the rest of that sequence.

It would be nice to hear Elfman's original music for the pizza delivery scene and the Octavious fusion experiment scene but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

You mean the chocolate cake that was, in fact, yellow cake with chocolate icing?

That's the only thing about that scene that bothered me.

Man, I hope they digitally re-color that cake to it's full chocolatey-goodness glory, or loop the line.

:)

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks

You mean, the perfectly good cake that's been in the movie ALL THESE YEARS, and worked just fine, is going to be REPLACED by a cake that WASN'T EVEN BAKED at the time the movie was shot? Blasphemy! ;)

Joe:C

Second Unit
The original 2-disc sets for Spiderman 1 & 2 are on sale at Deepdiscountdvd right now for $5.14. So if you want both versions of S2 and don't have it yet now would be a good time to get the first release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks