What's new

Speakers - 5.1 then 7.1 (1 Viewer)

Bashkir

Auditioning
Real Name
Troy
Hey there, I just purchased a 7.1 channel Reciever (Yamaha RX V657) and now I need some speakers. I am going to start with a 5.1 setup then will move up to a 7.1 when I have the funds. I am much more concerned with great sound and balance over loudness. The TV is located in a fairly large room (17X10X17) and the seating position will be 4-6 feet. Also I have been told that I should really "match" my speakers to this specific amp: how? Sorry for the noob questions, please help me audiogods!

Budget- I don't have much disposable income at the moment, therefore: MRSP value of $1000 (gogo ebay).

Thanks
Troy

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That is a large room to fill for $1000 Check this out: SVSound - Complete Systems

That may be pushing the limits of these speakers, so I suggest you contact SVS before to confirm they will work for you.

I'm sure you will get other recommendations as well....

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Don't get caught up in matching the speakers to your amp. You do, however, need to make sure all of your speakers (except for the subwoofer) match each other. This means they need to be from the same brand a same series, typically.

David's suggestion for SVS is a good suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks