What's new

Speaker s to use for a small room/ man cave (1 Viewer)

Grimly

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I have heard that it is hard to make a small room sound good, I have a 55 inch TLC hrd10/Dolby vision with built in Roku very nice tv for the price so good I would have a hard time spending more for a OLED even though it is a better picture.
I would like to set up a 5.1 system 1.5 k budget I already have the ARV a Yamaha 670 AVR, and a Sony BD 800 4k blue ray player.
Currently have 3 HVL1's across the front they sound good but was thinking there may be a better option.

This is for a 14 by 14 room.
The Wavecrest HVL'1s may be the answer, I can hear the dialog and even the foot steeps very clear so far they are not the easiest speaker to drive though

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You've got the choice of buying more Wavecrest speakers or buying a whole new 5.1 system. I don't know anything about Wavecrest. I'm a fan of SVS and $1500 gets the bookshelf system with a sub
https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-bookshelf-surround-system?variant=9571260483
https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-1000

They're not much more efficient than the Wavecrest, but I've not had a problem driving them, especially with the sub doing its part.

If you want to keep the Wavecrest LCR trio, I'd buy two more Wavecrest surrounds for timbre matching, and add whatever sub you like. Others have advised that matching the rear surrounds is less important, but that's my bent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.