What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

The gum visibly flew out of his mouth. Maybe he didn't realize the powers would fade instantly when that happened.

Who would stack pallets on a river of glowing green goo? Stride, that's who. Remind me not to buy anything from their factory! :P

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Isn't it funny how sometimes you just wanna chuck your friend right out the freakin' window? ;)

Speaking of the stream of glowing Kyptonite, did anyone else momentarily think that someone had killed a Predator nearby lol?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I got a new one today. It's a newer model, so the outside looks nicer than the old one. Functionally, it appears to be identical. I just hope I have better luck with this one. Well, to be fair, my old one served me well for a long time, but the "hard drive reads as full when it's completely empty" bug was a killer.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I need to upgrade mine, too, I just got a new HDTV and the box i'm using doesn't have an HDMI out only componant so I plan to swap as soon as I clear my recordings or transfer them to a DVD. Still, componant looks damn good.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, there's a new episode next week? Great. My schedule shows a Mavericks game followed by George Lopez. I wonder when the local CW will pick it up. :frowning:

Never mind. It was a quirk caused by the guide not being fully loaded yet.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
It looked like Lex's henchman that was beating up Pete was the guy from Lexmas episode. The one who was going to take care of Johnathan Kent.

Yeah this "Hero" episode was awful.

and there's something up with Lex's family crest/star alignment/and 1st meteor shower

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The show goes on, but possibly without Lex and with a lot less Lana. Hopefully this will force them to shake things up. Or, they could just have him wandering around the farm, pining for Lana.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Still this reaction even though her character has shown change and improvement over the years? Personally I think this is bad news, i've always liked Lana and with us losing Lex (by far the best character on the show) Millar and Gough have NO CHOICE but to step it up.

Plus, it's the final season next year so whatever is going to happen with Clark is going to happen next year. I actually have some butterflies because we'll finally get to see whether or not the "no tights" rule still holds.

I want to see him become Superman, I think we earned it. If Welling doesn't want to wear the suit than make him wear a green suit and CGI one on him lol.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

You guys will probably be tired of me saying this, but the exit of Lex and Lana would make for an excellent transition to a Justice League series. Heck, even if Welling doesn't want any part of it, there can be references to Superman and/or Clark or Batman without actually seeing them.

Let's face it, the series would most likely retain all of Smallville's viewers, bring costs WAY down for a new series and give the CW another 8-10 years of programming to build with. Smallville is on its last legs; we all know that. And since it's still highly rated, I can't see how the "network" lets it go.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I get what you're saying, but when you have an ensemble cast like Justice League would require, doesn't that end up costing more? I'd also think the special effects would either be expensive or suffer with so many powers to visualize.

As much as I grew up on comics, Smallville has been rather boring viewing for me overall, and I seriously wonder if I'd even bother with Justice League.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The cast would be less expensive, I'm thinking, because they'd all be relative newcomers. Why does the ER cast get turned over every couple of years? Fresh faces are cheaper than the vets. Without Welling, Mack, Rosenbaum, Glover and the rest, you'd be able to save a bit of money on casting and divert it to the effects or whatever.

I mean, what is Justin Hartley doing right now? Mostly TV stuff in his credits. And the rest of the guys/gals in the JL? Recast some is they won't sign on for a series. Or think out of the box and make it an anthology show focusing on a different hero every week. No long term contracts, the option to change around the formula if need be...even call in a big name guest star if they wanted.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If they do a Justice League, I would want them to shed their fear of costumes. The guys looked kind of cheesy in that famous Justice promo picture, wearing regular clothes that were roughly the same color as their famous gear. Embrace the characters!

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Some of you will be very happy to see the preview for the 3/27 episode:

Kara teaches Clark how to fly to help him fight against Brainiac (James Marsters), but Brainiac seems to be a step ahead of them.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was thinking about this today, I don't see how it's humanly possible for the show to be any good without Lex, I just can't concieve of it.

At any rate I so don't want to be Millar and Gough right about now.

Great news regarding the above spoiler, though. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Whenever you find yourself saying that, it's always good to ask whether the flaw is with the idea or your imagination.

To a certain extent, I think having an exit date for Lex is a very good thing: Now the writers know that, in the six episodes they've got left, he's got to bottom out. No more still showing a chance for redemption. No more irony about how Lex is honest but Clark lies. It's time for him to become Lex Friggin' Luthor.

The only problem with that, of course, is that Superman's rogues' gallery beyond Lex is just not nearly as good as that of Batman or Spider-Man. I don't see Toyman, the Prankster, Metallo, the Insect Queen, the Ultra-Humanite, or the Smallville versions of Braniac and Mxyzptlk stepping up. But that's not wholly a bad thing; not having Luthor around will allow us to see Clark developing as Superman because it's who he is, as opposed to being defined by his enemies.

Or the Legion could show up and Clark, Kara, and Chloe could spend next season in the 31st century. That could be cool, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks