What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's premiere just flew by, I was shocked when Clark punched Biz into outer space and there was only one segment left.

This show is so melodramatic, but it's so much fun to watch. There was a little too much self-loathing by Clark, but otherwise a good start to this season, and we'll have to see if Supergirl's addition has a positive impact to the show.

They must have blew the special effect budget for 2-3 episodes for the opening segment at the dam and surrounding areas. Did they use a stunt butt for Lois? :D

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Overall I liked it. I'm usually glad when they drop most of the angst for some good ol' Superman action and stories. The Clark "You know, I learned something today" denouments are getting tiring, but it's just part of the show so I just grin and bear it.

They should just break the 'No Flights' rule and let him fly already. It would have been far more satisfying for Clark to fly Bizarro to the sun instead of his cousin. It's a bit embarrassing that Supergirl can do it and he can't. Talk about emasculating.

The bit at the end with Lana in China was laughable. For someone wanting to lay low, even if it's in a communist country, a bright blonde wig and red dress isn't the best way to go about it. With her decidedly exotic features her regular appearance would blend better than her "disguise."

Does anyone know why "Smallville" doesn't boradcast in Dolby 5.1? It only ever shows up as 2 channel stereo, but "Reaper" started right after it in full multi-channel surround, so it doesn't seem like it's the local channel not passing the signal.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
There was a lot to like about the season opener. I think Patrick nailed it when he said Smallville is melodramatic but it is still fun to watch. After six seasons, the writers have this show down to a science, but not in a bad way... unless, of course, they resort to the incredibly tired "freak of the week" storylines.

That being said, I guess I am a bit dense here, but I still don't fully understand how Chloe's power works. I "get" that she transferred a life-saving essence to Lois to heal her. The result of which, she apparently kills herself in the process. But, why exactly does she wake from the dead, so to speak? Did I miss something or are we to assume that she regenerates herself back to life after a period of time? Or, does it have something to do with her vitals going haywire in the ER in response to whatever treatment they were giving her?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think we know yet. At the moment, it's still the worst superpower ever.

I didn't think it was Supergirl who flew Bizarro out of the atmosphere. I thought it was the Martian Manhunter. He said he'd help, and that was the help.

I'm glad they didn't drag out the question of Blona's survival, at least as far as the audience goes.

This needs to be the season where Clark flies. It's just ridiculous now. He needs to do it right from the first few episodes, too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was the Martian Manhunter (the red streak) that helped Biz escape earth's gravitational pull. Of course, Clark didn't seemed to worried as to where exactly Biz ended up...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I think he probably knew, since the Martian Manhunter is the one who helped Clark "realize" how to defeat him (the yellow sun.) Didn't Clark see Johnn Jones swoop in and grab Biz? At least I thought we were seeing it from his perspective. I'll have to go back and check...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was rather well-executed, considering her face has been splashed across tabloids worldwide. I also liked that she picked China to hide in; it's nice for the show to acknowledge that Kristin has a little Asian in her. I'm also glad that, as Greg mentioned, they didn't drag out the melodrama of what happened to her. Having both Clark and Lana staring at the moon from opposite sides of day and night worked really well, even if it's probably not strictly possible.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Clark flying. Chloe said it best when Clark told her Bizarro flew.

"He can fly too. You really need to work on that." Or something to that effect. :)

Seriously, its getting kinda of stupid that he doesn't fly or at least try.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
An update from the producers, have said when he'll fly

Season 8

As far as the Season 7 premiere went.

I liked it and enjoyed it very much.
That opening shot of Clark boiling the water into nothing was great.

I also enjoyed the new opening segment with Jimmy and Supergirl.

But I did cringe at that putting Lana into the Shanghai crowd CGI segment.

I already know the secret behind Lana, and I'm wondering how well it's going to be received

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Agreed.

I am really starting to get tired of every Kryptonian or semi-Kryptonian being able to fly like it's nothing, and Clark is standing there clueless.

At least Chloe finally told him that he needs to get on top of that...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
John,

If your spoiler is true, it is absolutely maddening.

Who's to even say the show will make it to season 8? If they spin their wheels on the whole Superman thing, even the diehards might start to melt away. By the way, the sentence following this spoiler text is not me thinking maybe you're wrong about the flying. I'm guessing you just heard this recently. But, I hope it changes some other things to be more Supermany.

I believe my DVR says something about Clark beginning training next week. I hope that starts to change some things.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Greg,

Lex is signed on till Season 7. Everyone else is signed on till season 8. They are even considering a Supergirl spin off. And even a Metropolis show. But Season 8 is pretty much guaranteed, since all cast are signed on

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I enjoyed the season opener, it was almost refreshing to have a season open where the town doesn't have to recover from some huge catastrophy from the previous season finale.

I was almost sad to see Bizarro defeated so soon and so easily.

Greg, the show will return for season 8 i'm almost 100% sure, each season has done well enough to grant another season so I don't see why it's fans would abandon it now.

Sad to see Annette O'Toole gone from the opening credits and missing from the episode, Clark seems so alone on the farm now, almost like a super powered shut-in lol.

Okay, we've got a time frame now, Clark will take to the skies next year! :) You know who else I miss? Terance Stamp. :frowning: I wish they'd bring back Jor El, his voice brought a comforting and authorative presence to the show, when he spoke it felt as though a warm blanket had been placed around my body. I don't know whow to explain it better than that.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
When I saw Clark vaporize the water, I thought "Tom Welling can do this character at least as well as anyone else has ever done it, and has the potential to be the best."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Maybe it's because Superman Returns was a relative flop that they seem to be moving the mythos forward a little bit. JohnS mentioned in his spoiler--and I don't think this is a spoiler in and of itself--that the producers are now openly talking about doing "Metropolis." I don't think that'd be possible if Superman Returns With A Vengence was on tap. I hope Welling gets a shot as full-on Superman at some point. He'd be much, much better than Routh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks