What's new

Smallville - Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
And Smallville gets renewed for another season.

Without knowing how the end of this season plays out, I'm hoping for steps toward a spinoff of some kind...anything except a Supergirl series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
How about a black comedy where Chloe goes around saving lives, and the hook is "what will they do with her dead body this week?"

Week one: burial at sea!
Week two: food for rabid hyenas!

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
If the time frame gets longer each time, it would be like a time travel story (looking at it from her point of view); having to adjust to each new era she woke up in.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I bet the writers haven't thought of that, but that would actually make her powers very interesting. It'd have to be modified so she has a chance to hide somewhere before it happens, because her ending up in a coffin underground wouldn't work too well.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While i'm thrilled that Pete is returning briefly to Smallville
I can't say that i'm thrilled with the description on the DVR. I mean Krytonite-laced chewing gum!?

That just sounds, I don't know, lame. But this is one of my favorite shows so i'll reserve judgment but the Krytonite-fueled villain haters aren't going to be pleased I don't think. Not that Pete is a villain
but still.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hmm, I suddenly have the urge to go out and buy some Stride chewing gum, I have no idea why, though, ;)

While it was great seeing Pete again, tonights episode was a big time shameless commercial for that gum lol.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

You can say that again. Oy vey...I'm all for discreet product placement, but this was almost like taking a 2 x 4 to the head.

Ya know, I'd like for them to include recaps at the beginning of every episode like LOST does. I couldn't remember for the life of me where we left off in the last new episode. I thought Lana had the bracelet, for starters.

And what's this stuff about Clark calling Pete? First time we've heard about that...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Also, do the Stride people make a habit of holding concerts right there in their factories? :laugh:

I did however love how nasty Lex was in this episode, he's just losing it week by week and i'm loving it! :emoji_thumbsup: And it looks like Lional has some splainin' to do.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pete looked like he's aged 10 years since his last appearance. The hour-long Stride commercial was really stretching it (bad pun!).

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Who was Lex's henchman at the end and what did he do to Pete to cause him to lose his power. (I was so bored by this episode that I was only half-watching by that point and I guess I missed something.)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I *think* Pete's power was a one-time use type of thing for every piece of gum he put into his mouth. He used up the current Kryptonite when he pulled Lex toward him. But it then begs the question why was Pete so surprised when his arms wouldn't stretch again?

Eh, it's Smallville. :D

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

Not to mention a shameless commercial for the music as well.

All in all, a piss poor episode. And we waited a few weeks for this? I hope the next is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks