What's new

Smallville Season 4 will include an episode of "The Flash!" (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Well... now I feel lucky... I had both the bonus disc and the booklet.

Now I just have to hope my luck holds out that I get a booklet with my Lost: Season 1 set when it arrives!

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I got the bonus disc with the flash episode on it ........anybody want it ? The show did not age well for me at all . :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at, too. I never saw the show, but I'm glad to have a free sample. I don't plan to buy a season set.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The two Trickster episodes are great. It is the closest you Batman Animated fans will get to see Mark Hamill doing a live action Joker. His portrayal of the Trickster was exactly like the animated version of the Joker.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I glanced at The Flash episode and noticed one odd thing...the opening credit sequence seems messed up. It looks a bit darker than it should and shots (especially the pans) seem jerky, like frames are missing. I put in a video tape today that I had recorded Flash episodes on and it looks much better on my VHS tape than on the DVD. The rest of the episode looks fine, it's just the opening credits part that's odd. Hopefully they'll fix this if and when the series gets a full release.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Hey Roger...
I have to admit I didn't notice a prob with the opening... but then again... it has been a looong time since I ever watched an ep... so my memory can't be counted on here LOL :p)

John*D

Second Unit
Received my set today ordered from Amazon.

:emoji_thumbsup: It included the bonus disc and the Booklet. Whew...

- The Chloe Disc had popped out and was sitting on the other disc, but appeared NOT to have been swishing around, no scratches. Whew II...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I know I'm not alone in having only watched Smallville on DVD. The main reason for that in my case was the fact that the season sets came out after the following season had started, and I didn't want to jump in on such a serialized show missing a few episodes. I could have taped them, sure, but I just decided to skip the hassle and wait for the DVDs. Well, for the first time, I will definitely be finished with season four before season five starts next Friday. I've only got four episodes left, and I tend to watch at least two a night. It would be tough to wait a whole year to watch new episodes, so I think I'm going to finally break with my routine and start watching the shows as they air. It's actually pretty rare for me to follow a TV program, but it was kind of fun having something to look forward to every week when Enterprise was on, and I assume the same will be true of Smallville.

So, I guess my question is, will any of the other members of the "DVD only" set be taking the weekly plunge this season?

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I took the weekly plunge last season for the first time, but I won't do that again since my loyalties lie with Alias first.

John*D

Second Unit

I have a TIVO...

However,

The OC, ALIAS, and SMALLVILLE all share the same timeslot of Thursdays at 8/7c.

:frowning: I only have 1 tivo! I gotta figure out what I'm going to do!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Barring a plunge in the ratings, Smallville will return next season. The O.C. might, but you might want to watch that. The one needing viewers this season, though, is Alias. This could be the last season unless the ratings are good this season. That's why I'll be watching Alias this season (plus I don't have a TiVo).

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
No, but I'll feel better if I watch Alias. Plus, it's the show I've been watching since Season 1. I hadn't seen an episode of Smallville until I purchased the Season 1 DVD as a blind buy between the third and fourth seasons.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, yeah. Just remembered. I don't have HD, and I believe the WB broadcasts standard def Smallville in 4x3. I guess I'll wait for the DVDs after all.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
On our station at least, they've begun showing Smallville in letterbox form for 4x3 TVs. You might want to check.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll give it a shot, but I believe Supernatural was in 4x3, so I don't have hope. It seems so Stone Age, since UPN was showing Enterprise in wide four years ago. :)

Craig Byrne

Agent
I run Kryptonsite.com the largest fan site for Smallville, and I can definitely say that a LOT of my readers, for better or for worse, are doing the same "wait for the DVD" thing with the show.

Unfortunately, that means that now, four days before the fifth season starts, I'm already getting "When is Season 5 coming out on DVD?" questions.

And a really odd part is, though I'd never wait for a DVD set of Smallville, Season 4 itself seems a lot more enjoyable in the DVD format when you can fast forward through the bad stuff. Also, the deleted scenes are terrific, and in some ways it's a real shame they weren't in the final cuts.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Like what, for instance? Another bad thing about watching on DVD is I miss all the discussion about a season, so I don't know what the conventional wisdom is and whether I agree or disagree with it.

BTW, when are the season 5 DVDs coming? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks