Smallville Season 4 will include an episode of "The Flash!"

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jimmy M, May 31, 2005.

1. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

I just received an e-mail from Warner Home Video promoting their Wave 3 of "50 Years of TV". Releasing on September 13 (happy Space 1999 day!)Season 4 of Smallville will include an episode of "The Flash" and Season 2 of One Tree Hill will include an episode of "What I Like About You."

Jimmy!

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Can The Show be far behind.....???

3. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

Man that is GREAT!

Warner has been doing that all year, have any of the others had full season sets announced?

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Only Smallville, but that was a given.

Gord

5. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

I hope the Flash show included is the Pilot.

6. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I hope the Flash is the Pilot too... but if I remember right... wasn't that a double length episode? Has the extra show on any of their sets been double length? I haven't got any of the sets with episodes from other shows before.

Also... is there a list of their sets that have other show eps and what they are on any site? maybe tvshowsondvd.com?

7. David Levy

David Levy Stunt Coordinator

Sadly, I am quietly hopeful of a What I Like About You set.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I'm sure this list is now incomplete, but it has all of the first wave of bonus episodes:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2803

It's a mix of pilots and random episodes. Also, I'm no expert, but I don't think any of these shows has yet to be released on their own. In the case of Perfect Stranger, I've been told two years running by WB that there are no plans. What I'm saying is, you shouldn't take this release as a sign that The Flash is coming, but it probably will eventually.

9. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I wished they put the Flash bonus disc in a TV Boxset of a show that I actually liked (never got into Smallville). Oh well. I'm also hoping that this is a sign that the series is coming to DVD....it's long overdue.

10. Pete Battista

Pete
    Thanks for the link Greg! [​IMG]

11. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Already made this suggestion to my wife last night that it would make a great birthday present for me! She's promised my head on a platter if I scoop her in getting it before she does - lol! [​IMG]

12. David Rosen

David Rosen Agent

I had a question about this. I bought Smallville season 4 today at Costco and I just got home and I opened it and I didn't see the envilope that the Warner bonus DVDs have come in. It turns out that the disc was no where to be found. The season seems to check out, but I wanted to get the bonus disc so I could check out the Flash TV show because he is my favorite comic character and I was a wee one when the show originally came out. I like Smallville, but I was hoping for the bonus disc as the icing on the cake.

I am a relatively new poster to these boards, but I have been lurking for years, and I know that th people out there are some of the best, so I thought that I would put my situation out there and for some advice on what I should do. Any help would be appreciated.

13. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Did the shrinkwrap have a sticker advertising the Flash? Mine did, I think. I wonder if there are versions out there without it.

14. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I got the bonus disc.
    along with a couple loose discs.
    2 & 4 were loose. 2 was fine but 4 had some minor scratches. [​IMG]

15. RandallV

RandallV Second Unit

The bonus DVD is behind the chapters booklet in a cardboard sleeve. BTW, I didn't have any loose discs this time. I noticed that the hubs on which the discs sit seem a bit larger than the hubs in previous sets. Hmmm.

16. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I'm making sure, even though I posted about this a few weeks ago: it is the same type of packaging as previous seasons, right?

17. RandallV

RandallV Second Unit

Yes, it is the same packaging. The plastic hubs just look bigger.

18. Sebastien S

Sebastien S Second Unit

I got mine yesterday from "futureshop.ca" and it included the bonus "Flash" disc...

Disc #2 in my set was also lose in the packaging but thankfully, it was not scratched or damaged.

19. Pete Battista

Pete
    I got my set yesterday in the mail... mine also did have 'The Flash' episode disc... No problems at all with loose discs this time... everything was nice and secure. [​IMG] So if you didn't get the bonus disc David... I would think it was just a packaging error on that set.

First thing I did was watch the episode of Flash.... I forgot just how much I liked that show... was the first time I saw it since it originally ran... Now I really want a complete series set released!

20. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I've received numerous reports of missing bonus discs and booklets for this set and One Tree Hill Season 2. I've asked Warner Bros for a number that people can call.

Gord