What's new

Seen Minority Report full trailer ???? (1 Viewer)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Agree. Not sure if this will be "fun" Spielberg, "serious" Spielberg, or some combonation of both. Either way, I'll be there.
BTW, great use of Jerry Goldsmith's 13th Warrior score in the trailer.
Evan

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Saw it on TV, the full version. Didn't do anything for me. The trailer! Looked like Mission: Impossible 3! Waiting for the movie!

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if Spielberg decided to capture the intent of the author of the short story, a one Mr. Philip K. Dick, then this flick should at least lean to the side of "serious" Spielberg. Of course, Mr. Dick's stories can be a little on the fun side as well, so I'd guess that the movie will be a little of both "fun" and "serious".
I hope it does explore some of the underlying themes of the short story. Wow! So soon after A.I.!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Consider the promising material behind The Sixth Day and Imposter (another Dick book there)...then think about how that trailer looks.

I am a tad worried myself as the CGI and effects do have the M:I 3 look more than, say, Blade Runner.

A good SF idea can quickly go the way of CGI action crap. SS has been off and on with this stuff. A lot of AI was solid but some of it toward the end was iffy. And from what I understand his CGI mods on ET don't look to swell in some spots.

However, most of my worry comes straight from the look of the film in the trailer.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am also quite excited for this one. We could use a solid, intelligent summer film from Steven Spielberg, perhaps with a little less heft than A.I.
Count me in:D
Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks