What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
That is an easy one! Unification, The Next Generation two parter that guest starred Leonard Nimoy as elder Ambassador Spock.
Malachi Throne was a Romulan Senator. He also did the voice of The Keeper in the original pilot, The Cage.
I'm not certain, but he was in one of The New Voyages fan films and perhaps one other Trek spin-off series.
I guess I should have made that one a tad more difficult. ;)
Nelson's up next. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There is a slight conflict in my research, but two actors were considered for the role of the TOS Captain. Lets say, not just the role of Kirk, but Pike too. (I thought the two actors were considered for Kirk before Shatner was chosen. But my research says one was for Pike, the other for Kirk.)
Who were they?
Also, another actor was considered to play Spock. Who was he?
Easy, right!

troy evans

Screenwriter
Nelson Au said:
There is a slight conflict in my research, but two actors were considered for the role of the TOS Captain. Lets say, not just the role of Kirk, but Pike too. (I thought the two actors were considered for Kirk before Shatner was chosen. But my research says one was for Pike, the other for Kirk.)
Who were they?
Also, another actor was considered to play Spock. Who was he?
Easy, right!
I know one for the Capt. was Jack Lord of Hawaii 5-0 fame. Not sure on the other, sorry.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Sam Favate said:
Wasn't DeForest Kelly considered for Spock? Or at least approached for the role?
I never heard that, but i know Martin Landau was asked to play Spock. I had also heard about Jack Lord for Kirk, but he wanted a piece of the series and some control. Oh, they asked Lloyd Bridges too.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Troy, you are right, Jack Lord was one of the actors considered.
Ricker, you are right on all 3 actors! Lloyd Bridges for Kirk as well as Jack Lord. And Martin Landau for Spock.
You two could contribute the next questions, if you're up for it.
I've never heard if DeForest Kelley was considered for Spock, but I soppose it could have happened.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nelson Au said:
I've never heard if DeForest Kelley was considered for Spock, but I soppose it could have happened.
Unlikely since he was only approached for a role after the second pilot had been accepted.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree Lou and all the history books I've read and talks I heard from Kelley and Roddenberry was that he was better suited in the McCoy role.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This weekend will air the remastered episode, The Mark of Gideon. Not a classic, but note worthy for a couple of reasons.
Name one reason for what makes this episode stand out. Hint; one of the unusual aspects of this episode involves the creative contribution of a past TOS guest actor.
Should be another easy one!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
This weekend will air the remastered episode, The Mark of Gideon. Not a classic, but note worthy for a couple of reasons.
Name one reason for what makes this episode stand out. Hint; one of the unusual aspects of this episode involves the creative contribution of a past TOS guest actor.
Should be another easy one!
Nelson,
I don't think I am on the right track. But let me guess by saying this--might it be one of the few episodes in which we don't see a planet? I know the interior of the ship (and its replica) get top billing, but without seeing the episode, I'm not sure if we see a planet or not.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson_Au said:
Hint; one of the unusual aspects of this episode involves the creative contribution of a past TOS guest actor.
My guess is that Nelson doesn't necessarily mean that the guest star had to be from The Mark of Gideon. Hmmm. How about ... Mark Lenard?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Keep going, but you're on the right track, Scott!
Nelson,
Is the creative contribution either producing or writing? I am thinking of Shari Lewis, but of course she didn't appear as a guest star (or in any way) in the series. So it must be someone that appeared in an episode. How about ... Frank Gorshin?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott- You're getting red hot. I will say it was for either writing or producing. Shari Lewis did write a 3rd Season episode, and I forgot about her, but she's not the one I'm thinking of. And it's not Frank Gorshin.
The guest star's contribution to The Mark of Gideon appeared in a very popular 2nd Season episode of Trek. This episode was followed up in the Animated Series. He was also in a less dignified role on Lost in Space's 3rd year. (No offense to those who are fans of LiS!) Those are big clues!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Rick-
If you don't mind, I just had an idea for a trivia question and thought I'd try it here;
In the entire of run of TOS, there is at least one instance where you hear the voice of one of the Star Trek producers on the intercom speaking directly to Kirk. Can you name him and the episode?
Could be a really easy one for you guys! Bonus if you know what he said.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Nelson Au said:
Rick-
If you don't mind, I just had an idea for a trivia question and thought I'd try it here;
In the entire of run of TOS, there is at least one instance where you hear the voice of one of the Star Trek producers on the intercom speaking directly to Kirk. Can you name him and the episode?
Could be a really easy one for you guys! Bonus if you know what he said.
Ohh, thats a good question. But thats the trouble, isnt it. You know how hard it is to think of a question you guys wont know! Cause i know this one. Of course you can hear people like Majel Barrett talking on the intercom when the ship goes to red alert, or when all stations report damage. But the one your thinking of, is the Great Bird himself, Gene Roddenberry in Charlie X. His voice is the one calling up to the bridge, telling Kirk that he put meatloaf in the ovens, and that now they have turkey in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks