What's new

Renewing BB Reward Zones? (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I got the sale catalog and on the mailing address was a note that my reward zone membership is close to expiring. Since I got this first year free, it was a no-brainer. Has anyone gotten free renewal or do we have to pay up the $9.99?

From the number of checks I've gotten, I would probably at least break even but not that big a deal unless I buy a big ticket item.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I saw that too, and while they did improve after a bad start at processing things, I just can't see paying for it. I probably would earn more than $10 worth of coupons, but there's no guarantee, especially since they seem to be the place I buy my dvds less and less these days.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
I am on my second year of BB Reward Zone. I, too, received a free membership and when renewal time came, I got the second year for free too.

Be patient and wait for the card to show up in the mail. I'm sure they're making enough money from people who do pay for it to subsidize customers like us.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I paid for mine; my wife got hers free. I have gotten $95 back and should go over $100 by the time it expires in July. I was running ahead of my wife, but she got a bunch of coupons recently so she may have passed me. Even though my BB DVD purchases have slowed somewhat, it's still a no brainer for both of us to renew. I hope hers will be free again and I wish mine was.

ReaganG

Agent
Dick - why dont you just share the card with your wife? If you discretely hand the card to your partner while they are getting rung up, there should be no problem. My girlfriend and I have been sharing my card all year now. I give her about 1/3 of my certificates and it works out great. None of the employees have given us any trouble at all.

ReaganG

Agent
Dick - why dont you just share the card with your wife? If you discretely hand the card to your partner while they are getting rung up, there should be no problem. My girlfriend and I have been sharing my card all year now. I give her about 1/3 of my certificates and it works out great. None of the employees have given us any trouble at all.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dick i was wondering the same thing.
my wife and i use the same card.
and if she goes shopping without me she just has to give our phone num ber and they add the purchase to our acc't.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Well, we seldom shop together so sharing a card would be a pain (she works, I'm retired and back in school). And I had already bought mine when she got her free one. We tend to do our own things financially, so we would also have to determine who gets the certificates (I doubt that either one of us would settle for 1/3 :) ). She gets the Preferred Customer stuff and I don't, but she gives me her "leftover" coupons :) .

The separate finances may seem a little strange, but it works for us. Second marriage for both and we'll have made it for 21 years Friday.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,

About a month or so before the card was to expire, I received a new card in the mail. Perhaps the reason I received a new one is because they changed the design of the card, but I wasn't charged for it any of the two years I've had it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I come up for renewal I think in late July or August. Ten months into it and I've had $75 back, probably upwards to $80-$90 by the time the year ends.

I'm still debating if they don't send me a free renewal if I'll pay it. Still, it does seem that I fit the demographic that this program was built for (and yes, I pricematch all the time, I don't just buy arbitrarily to earn rewards points).

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'll only sign up again if they give me bonus points up front for doing so or if they give me free membership.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It's certainly great for Best Buy if people buy this card, since it costs them less and increases the motivation to buy something at Best Buy. However, even given away free, it probably is a good deal for them since it does motivate you to buy things there, all other things (e.g., price) being equal.

I'll admit that with the card I do buy things at Best Buy I might otherwise buy slightly cheaper elsewhere, or closer, but I'm not going to pay for it.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
I'm definitely going to renew, but that won't come up for me until October. I've been a member for six months and have already earned $200 in certificates (the past half year we've needed new big-ticket appliances, a notebook computer, a PDA, and several other things).

--Mark--

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I hear ya, George. However the saddest thing for me is that I don't buy anything there that I wouldn't buy normally. I pricematch everything, and if they won't do one (i.e. a promo or something) I will buy it elsewhere. And I still end up w/ nearly $100 in rewards w/o buying any big ticket items.

To top it off, I plan on getting a laptop sometime in the future. Yikes, it would make sense to renew it then...

Brian E

Screenwriter
If you had asked me last year if I'd be renewing the thing I'd say yes, for sure. Now I don't think I will. I believe my total in certificate with my free year was $65, but most of that was earned in the first 8 months or so. I haven't even set foot in the place in the last two months. I'm spending my $10 a year on the DV2 club instead. Much better deal for me.

For folks that shop there a lot I still think it's a pretty good deal.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I don't shop there much at all, but it's worth it to me. Honestly, I go there maybe once per month, but I got about 40 dollars in certificates. One came when my dad bought a VCR and I was with him, a couple came from buying two James Bond box sets with bonus points, but otherwise it's been 20 bucks at a time. Well worth it to me, even though the store is more than an hour from me (but near a killer theater.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks