What's new

Ren and Stimpy advance reviews (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Make no mistake about it... their advertising campaign is ILLEGAL.

Just cancelled my order.

I urge you all to post negative 1-star reviews wherever you can. The fans need to know. John K.'s pathetic response is highly disappointing.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

and the footage of you landing on your head has been cut.

Yeah, I agree with Jay, I'm going to blame the producers, especially since who else could've put the "uncut!" on the label?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
too bad.
i was loooking forward to this big time.

another thing that makes this bad is that the first week is almost always the cheapest week to buy.
now if i dont buy i have to wait to see if they are fixed.
they surely will be not so cheap to buy then.

still not buying.

but paramount still is getting a big bundle from me because of the jerry lewis movies next week.:frowning:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Put them into my Netflix queue to check them out but I cancelled my Order.

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator
If I had known about the cuts I would have cancelled my order with Amazon. But I had forgot that this was due and my first reminder was Amazon emailing me saying they had sent it. I may have to accept it but I won't like it.

This is the last time I preorder a television show on dvd. Only when I have seen fan reviews will I order from now on.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Here's what someone over at Loyal Order of Stupids (that Joe Fisher linked) had to say:

They cut out the entire Bloody Head scene?!? WTF? How could John K (who apparently helped produce the DVD's) not notice that?

Considering that it's 5 out of 32 I was thinking about it but to hell with these guys...what the hell were they thinking?

I am writing a letter now.

Here's the info:
Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

Paramount Home Entertainment
1-323-956-8070 or 1-323-956-8830 or 1-323-956-8509

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I cancelled my order with amazon yesterday. There is enough stuff coming out next week to keep me more than occupied anyway.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Seeing as some of the most hilarious parts of this dvd set have been cut, I had to cancel my order. Buy it anyway says John K? What kind of statement is that? No way am I buying this butchered set. I am contacting Paramount as well. I know it is not the end of the world but I was looking forward to this set. Come on Paramount....do the right thing and recall these, take your time to do them right and then release them. We've been patient so far, we'll be even more patient if you release them the way they should be released.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll check them out via Netflix I was lucky to cancel my Amazon order in time. I agree with the above poster No more new TV Box sets without seeing feedback on it, unless it's an established series like Trek, Smallville etc

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Only 5 episodes, eh? And whats this bloody head scene? Is there some pics or a description somewhere?

Im not gonna buy this set, methinks. Got too much to buy anyways.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

If *THATS* not incentive enough not to buy the new sets, I dont know what is! Hell, I'll send John K 5 bucks if he keeps R&S OFF the air.

New Ren and Stimpy on Spike TV = no sale!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
What they SHOULD do... HINT-HINT-HINT... is reissue a copy of the set just like they did with Back To The Future.

But does the crystal ball forsee it? No, no... not really, no.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Well if any good comes of this, maybe it will prevent Paramount from allowing Beavis and Butt-Head to suffer from edits if that ever comes out. If Disney can release racist Mickey Mouse cartoons without a problem then nobody should be worried about the content on their DVDs.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The only new episode I liked was "Ren Seeks Help" which I thought was side splitting hilarious.

One of the funniest R&Ss ever made IMHO.

What a bummer because it was a great show (at first)and deserves better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks