What's new

Ren and Stimpy advance reviews (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I recorded all the eps from spike tv to dvd-r, and they will remain my primary source of Ren and Stimpy until someone competent can release it properly. I also have vhs recordings from the original nikelodeon broadcasts... but they are looking pretty tired. Sounds like the spike broadcast are even less cut than the official releases.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
....they cut out the entire point of the Toothache episode, the fact that Stimpy is Tooth healthy while Ren is not?
...was someone offended at Stimpy's odd habit off saving his spit?
What about the Tooth Beaver...that was wrong too, CUT HIM OUT!!!!

F**kin morons.

No Sale.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
This is horrible news. I've been waiting to buy Ren & Stimpy for a while now. :angry:

I'm totally not buying this. :thumbsdown: You lost a sale Paramount.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
They shouldn't be able to get away with this. This is the worst case of false advertising I have ever seen! I just saw an ad today that said "32 Uncut Episodes!" How can they do this?!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Hey, Greg. I think you're wrong... the worst case of false advertising is when Redbull said that the drink would give you wings.

Man, I set myself up for a big letdown.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm no lawyer, but as above, this is blatantly fradulent and there has got to be some law being broken by releasing this set as is. It would be one thing if it said "The Complete First Season" as the interpretation is a little bit more gray than having a big UNCUT on the box. We should be able to force a recall on this, right? Sadly, the best case scenerio I can see is that they will just remove the "UNCUT" from the packaging instead of redoing it right.

Jeff Webb

Auditioning
I was, keyword, was so excited for this release. As I started reading this thread, I had doubts. Now as a result of this s**t passed off as genuine, exciting, and uncut episodes, I have decided as a protest to cancel my order.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

I agree. This is how they can get away with edited Alf episodes as comlete first season just means that all the episodes from the season are included. They should not be allowed to get away with advertising uncut episodes when they are not. It has to be illegal.

Is there any way to get a response from the distributors?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Someone please confirm details on the 'Stimpy's Toothache' episode because if the cuts as described above are indeed accurate, than not only will I no longer be purchasing this set, but I will be the absolute most adamant and persistently annoying disparager Paramount's customer service line has ever encountered - every single day following it's release until a valid answer is offered!

This is absolutely unacceptable and is straight out blatant and malicious false-advertising and misrepresentative of the product offered!

This was the #1 DVD in anticipation of not only this last quarter but so far, all of 2005 as well - talk about a dissapointment!

Somone should file a corporate suit as extreme as it may be, just to teach these companies a lesson and let them know that it's not okay to take advantage of and manipulate their consumer base in such ways... I'm really upset about this!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I have notified Paramount of the problem and they're looking into how it happened, and why it was called "uncut" when it's not. I have no idea when I'll get an answer.

Gord

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

You the man, Gord!

I want to bring a level of calmness to this thread for a second. I think it is wise to wait on directing any hostility towards Paramount until after we have an explanation. I also think that even if we're dissatisfied with the explanation given, we must conduct ourselves apropriately. It would be pointless to harass some customer service Rep, who likely has no idea of what you are referring to, I think it is important and a good idea to write letters to the studio, but again use some civility so they take you seriously. This is old hat, but when something that has a lot of passion comes up it is a good reminder, that we must also conduct ourselves properly.

My first step is not to buy this step. If I decide to write a letter it will not happen until after Gord fills us in on what he's heard, if he does hear something.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always for looking into our concerns Gord!

Unlike with the Alf set and the number of other dissapointing releases that unfortunately surface from time to time... this is the absolute extreme because it's not even the product being advertised.

"Uncut" on the cover is not just some marketing blurb but actually part of the title!! It's like the equivalent of selling "The Complete First Season" of a certain television show and than instead packaging a two episode, single-disc!

And Casey, assuming your post was in referance to my comments last night I'd just like to assure you that I always conduct myself in a calm and polite manner, even when I'm dissapointed about a situation and decide to speak my mind, it's always done with patience and maturity. I know there are a number of fanboys on the internet that don't understand this, but there's no need for any reminders directed at me in this regard.

I'm baffeled as to why some of these cuts were even implemented as most of the described sequences were not even p.c. controversial nor edited in syndication... this is really strange and I'm hoping that these were not consciously edited!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I just cancelled my Amazon Order. I already have the Editted Time Life disks I don't need more editted episodes even if it is only 5 of the 32 shows. Also having the Spike fades for commercials means these are not the originals as Aired on Nicklelodean I'm dissapointed. There's just too much coming out to justify spending money on compromised product, sorry paramount

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks