What's new

Recommend a classic pre-1970 for Warner to release on blu (2 Viewers)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
My Fair Lady belongs to CBS (now owned by Paramount)

West Side Story is a United Artists FIlm (Released on video through MGM/UA by FOX)

[COLOR= #ff0000]"The Devils"...[/COLOR]Warner Bros doesn't want to release "The Devils" For some reason a political film about the church is more distrubing to WB than "The Exorcist" even though the "Exorcist" is more graphic in it's views against the almighty

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I Confess is one of the few films that compellingly explore true integrity, IMO. Not a great film, but a very good film with a real solid performance by Montgomery Clift.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway

I Confess is one of the few films that compellingly explore true integrity, IMO. Not a great film, but a very good film with a real solid performance by Montgomery Clift.
Well said. I agree.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I've never understood why "I Confess" and "Stage Fright" are considered misfires. Both are fine films even if they aren't "Rear Window" or "North by Northwest". I revisited both on a double bill recently and they both hold up and provide the usual Hitchcock excitement. "Stage Fright" is only marred by Jane Wyman's miscasting as Alastair Sim's daughter, but once you accept that, it's got lots of Hitchcock humor and many of his typical touches. I especially love the sequence at the fair with Joyce Grenfell's "Lovely Ducks" routine, the bit with the stained doll and the confrontation with the mousy friend. And I, for one, have no problem with the controversial twist ending which I won't elaborate on here.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Yes, I love Stage Fright. And in its own much more serious way I Confess is quite good too.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
My vote goes for "Tarzan and His Mate". Any chance to see Maureen O'Sullivan running around in that skimpy outfit in 1080P is good for me!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
All 12 Weissmuller Tarzan Films (MPI was able to do this with the Rathbone Holmes films)

A Day At The Races

A Night At The Opera

Mister Roberts

Tom & Jerry Complete Theatrical Shorts Collection, from HB to Dietch to Jones, no omissions, no edits, uncensored!

And I will second Mystery of the Wax Museum and a 3D release of House of Wax (Price)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
[COLOR= #ff0000]"Mister Roberts"[/COLOR] is in desparate need of a remaster. This was one of the first DVD releases from Warner and it does not convert to HD very well (Also "Cabaret")

I would hope WB would release [COLOR= #ff0000]"Mister Roberts". [/COLOR]It is a widescreen color film, so if done correctly it should look okay. Don't know how many kids know who Jack Lemmon, James Cagney or Henry Fonda are anymore (I know WB employees who didn't know who James Cagney was and he helped build WB)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Mister Roberts

Aunite Mame

Damn Yankees

Gypsy - Natalie Wood

Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf - Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton

The Great Race

Finian's Rainbow - Francis Ford Coppola

Cabaret

70MM From MGM:

Mutiny on the Bounty - Brando (70MM widescreen/color)

Ice Station Zebra (70MM)

Ryan's Daughter (70MM should look incredible)

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks