What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: Friendly Persuasion (1956) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
432057988_833667068798975_1726958507958570373_n.jpg

Coming to Blu-ray from the Warner Archive Collection on May 14th!
New 1080p HD master from 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative

FRIENDLY PERSUASION (1956)
BD-50
COLOR
Running Time-137 Minutes
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.85:1
Audio Format: DTS HD MA 2.0
Subtitles: English SDH

Special Features: Excerpt for "Wide Wide World" television series on the making of the film, Original Theatrical Trailer
Cast: Gary Cooper, Dorothy McGuire, Anthony Perkins

For two years the Civil War has been elsewhere. Now Confederate forces are nearby, looting and burning. It’s time to fight back, Jess Birdwell’s neighbors insist. Yet Birdwell, a Quaker, know there must be a better way to settle things. In a role ideally suiting his stalwart persona, Gary Cooper plays Jess in William Wyler’s beloved and acclaimed film of Jessamyn West’s novel Friendly Persuasion. The film earned six Academy Award nominations including Best Picture. Leading lady Dorothy McGuire was named Best Actress by the National Board of Review for her outstanding performance as Eliza Birdwell, and 24 year-old Anthony Perkins became a rising star, giving his first major film appearance in the integral role of the Birdwell’s son Josh. Friendly Persuasion is a timeless classic, and a testament to the great artistry of all those involved in creating this masterful film.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D1K1TWS...iendly+persuasian+blu+ray,movies-tv,84&sr=1-1

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My favorite film from the nominated slate in 1956. Another Wyler masterpiece. I saw it twice when it was new: once in color and a second viewing in black and white. I was a child and was flabbergasted by the switch. The trailer for the second showing (some time apart from the first) was in color! Color a child confused.
And I fell in love with Samantha.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
NOT my favorite film nominated from 1956, as I recall. (Ten Commandments). But I don’t remember this film from my marathon, but it’s another best picture nominee and I’m so excited to have it on Blu! Yay for this month’s announcements!

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I love this film and i'm glad it's getting a blu ray. Will pre order when available.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
A film I've wanted to see in a proper presentation for nearly 2 decades since initially discovering it. I anxiously await a pre-order link for this film.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Having first seen this when I was ten or eleven, all I clearly remembered for decades was that goose chasing young Richard Eyre all over the place. I thought that was hilarious. The Civil War issues only sank in when I was an adult. I look forward to this Blu-ray!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’ve a feeling that this and Nun’s will be receiving highest grades across the board from any knowledgeable reviewer, that initial supplies will be limited, and that both will quickly sell out.

Advise getting orders in early.
It’s Warner Archive - they can’t “sell out”
These aren’t limited. They might temporarily be out of stock, but everyone that orders will get their copy eventually

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Having first seen this when I was ten or eleven, all I clearly remembered for decades was that goose chasing young Richard Eyre all over the place. I thought that was hilarious. The Civil War issues only sank in when I was an adult. I look forward to this Blu-ray!
I referenced Samantha in post #3.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It’s Warner Archive - they can’t “sell out”
These aren’t limited. They might temporarily be out of stock, but everyone that orders will get their copy eventually
”Eventually.” Problem is that new releases get produced first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks