What's new
World Wide Stereo

receivers (1 Viewer)

Real Name
dave
I was wondering if it's possible to daisy chain receivers with hdmi cables back to a projector? I have samsungs htd6730w..here is link with specs http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-theater/HT-D6730W/ZA. I notice during movies at times that some of the dialog seems to be being drowned out. So I was wondering if I could just add a secondary center channel that can be controlled independently of the samsung system. I was thinking of trying a polk audio center channel and getting another receiver...then trying to run the hdmi cable from the samsung system out to the new receiver (that just has the new center channel) hdmi in..and then from the new receiver hdmi out to the projector. I'm not sure if this would even work though. Any advice would be helpful for how I can go about adding a second center channel if isn't possible the way I described it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You can improve your center channel sound a bit buy tweaking its level and distance settings (page35 in your manual). But to do what you're asking requires a receiver with pre-outs (or an outright pre-amp with an amplifier). You'd then connect the pre-outs to an external amplifier for each channel that you wanted additional or discrete amplification. But before you went that route, I'd recommend just trying the upgraded receiver, since the Samsung is not a high performing model and just upgrading the receiver might do the trick for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indy7solo
Recent bookmarks