What's new
World Wide Stereo

rear tower speakers (1 Viewer)

russell>b

Auditioning
I am using tower speakers for my rears, just wondering if I would benefit from lifting them up high so they are above the listeners head or as towers are they high enough ... the top of the speaker obviously does not go above the listners head

thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
They're probably fine like they are.
But, for curiosity's sake...........try them higher, and see which way you like them the best. Just fix something temporary to get them higher, for a test. If you like them that way, then figure how you will make it permanent.
Good luck!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Russell,

The "official" height of the surrounds is: slightly above the ears of the listeners. But not everyone likes that, so, as Ed suggests, try it for yourself.

Good luck!

Cees

Ruben Tello

Auditioning
Russell

ME being a newbie.......is it better to use tower speakers as rears or would it be better use them as fronts?

This question is also directed to anybody wishing to hhelp with info on speaker upgrade for my home theater in a box. PLEASE HELP.

Ruben

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
it's fine to use them anywhere...........but, if you have only one pair, I'd probably use them for the fronts. The sound of your center speaker needs to match the fronts, as close as possible...........

russell>b

Auditioning
yup I agree towers for fronts ... but these are a 2nd pair of towers that I use for rears ie. I have no small rears.

so I was wondering and I'll try it and mount them high up on the wall .. it just looks a bit odd with these great big towers up on the wall

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
My rear speakers are Acoustic research TSW 510's,nice old 3-ways from around 1990.I found some nice wooden stools at Hobby Lobby,about 8 in tall,and with no finish on them,so they can done in any color/finish.They were only about $10 each,and work great.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satimis
Recent bookmarks