What's new

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (1 Viewer)

johnSM

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Gosh this loss hurts a lot - shed quite a few tears last night after watching The Voyage Home in tribute. I seriously doubt I shall ever watch The wrath of Khan again either - it always cut me up at the best of times to watch the 'death' of Spock and Nimoy's heart-breaking farewell to Kirk. The original Star Trek series has been part of my life since the late 70s, and Spock was always my favourite character, and all the cast have sort of felt like extended family to me. I always thought Mr Nimoy would last well into his 90s. Still we were fortunate to be blessed by his time on this class M planet for the duration he was here. A formidably talented guy, wise, very funny, modest, intelligent, caring and (of course) logical... My heart goes out to his family, friends, and in particular to Mr Shatner whom I imagine must be in a state of shock right now at losing his brother.

LLAP to a great man, and I'm sure he'll do just that in the next stage of his life :)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Next year with be the 50th anniversary as such I hope there is extra tribute plan for Leonard Nimoy. Star Trek is not Star Trek without Leonard Nimoy! I have both the re-mastered and non-remastered Star Trek as such I watched the Mirror, Mirror episode last night as tribute to Leonard Nimoy.

I have been doing a Leonard Nimoy Weekend. I have watched the following:

1. Man From UNCLE

2. Star Trek the animated series

3. Mirror, Mirror

4. Voyage Home

5. Youtube clips - Big Bang Theory, MCI

Tomorrow I plan to watch the following

1. Mission Impossible

2. In Search of..........

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Growing up, part of me identified with Spock. He was an outcast and I often felt that way. I admired his values of honesty and logic in the face of persistent ridicule. Like Spock, Leonard Nimoy lived long and prospered. And he helped me prosper too.

I met him twice, once at a public-speaking engagement and once professionally, and on the second occasion he was kind enough to sign my TOS season one set. He was a gracious man who supported the arts. He was also a passionate photographer. May his memory live long and prosper.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I have always been a huge Leonard Nimoy fan. I'm so sad at his passing. I will miss him. A true class act and awesome human being.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Recently saw Nimoy in 2 episodes from THE VIRGINIAN.

Season 2 "Man of Violence" which also guest stars DeForest Kelly.

Kelly plays an Army Doctor and Nimoy an outlaw.

Season 3 "The Showdown" Nimoy and Michael Ansara are a tough as nails Lawmen in an Arizona town when the Virginain rides

in to buy cattle.

A lot bigger role for Nimoy and he was very good.

Rest In Peace and Live Long & Prosper!!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sad time for Star Trek fans. Less than a week after Nimoy passed away, Harve Bennett has died, also age 84. Some fans are split on Bennett's contributions to Star Trek, but the movies he produced in the 80s really saved the franchise, IMO. Without their success, there wouldn't have been a Next Generation. Not to mention the good work Harve did on the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman. He, like Nimoy, always struck me as a class act.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, if Bennett's name was on it you could expect quality. Too much Trek loss.

I don't mean this like a joke, but I did a big order near Christmas that included In Search Of and Mod Squad. Isn't that strange...

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was saddened by Mr. Nimoy's passing as well. While not a hardcore "Star Trek" fan, I did really enjoy "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home". It was funny, and Nimoy as Spock had some of the best lines.

(Getting off the bus immediately after he and Kirk get on) "What does it mean, exact change?"

On a different note, a lot of people made fun of his singing, but I thought he did a lovely rendition of "Both Sides Now":

He will be missed.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope they include him in the Oscars In Memoriam next year. I know he'll be in the Emmys In Memoriam for sure, and I'm pretty sure he'll be in the TCM Remembers for 2015 in December.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Radioman970 said:
Yeah, if Bennett's name was on it you could expect quality. Too much Trek loss.

I don't mean this like a joke, but I did a big order near Christmas that included In Search Of and Mod Squad. Isn't that strange...
sorry to bump this for this reason, but Friday I was watching It's Always Sunny in Philly and paused it to check my yahoo email... on the yahoo front page was the story about the death of Roddy Piper the wrestler. Guess who was appearing for his second time on Sunny? yep!! I'm ascared now...
smileys-afraid-872121.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks