What's new
World Wide Stereo

Poor Man Dan here. Getting the Poor Man's Home Theater Up and going. (1 Viewer)

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hello All,

Poor Man Dan here... Just a few more Photos from today....Poor Man Dan's Home Theater is starting to look a bit better...;)
WP_20150304_14_01_56_Smart1.jpg
WP_20150304_13_56_46_Smart1.jpg
WP_20150304_13_58_37_Smart1.jpg

I needed to check the size so I can hit Home Depot and get the out line wood....

More to come.........................

Poor Man Dan

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hello all. Poor Man Dan here.....

Just a few more photos......

WP_20150304_21_51_51_Smart1.jpg

WP_20150304_21_35_10_Smart1.jpg

WP_20150304_21_54_35_Smart1.jpg

WP_20150304_21_55_29_Smart1.jpg

More to come.... Be well all..

Poor Man Dan...

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hello all. Poor Man Dan checking in.....

Well this coming week I hope to have my screen border done. I am using a very good wall. That is flat white. And will have a 1 1/2 inch wood border around the screen area. The border will be flat black..

Have a great safe fun week...More next Sunday....

Poor Man Dan :)

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hello all.

Poor Man Dan here.....

Well not much going on this last week...... Just bare with Poor Man Dan here a bit longer... Hope to have more for you next Sunday...

Need to get everything just so. So I can get the wood cut and all. And put up.....

I hope by this next Sunday I will have that done......

More to come.....................

Have a great fun safe week......

Poor Man Dan...

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I see he hasn't checked in since September. I hope all is well. I was following his progress.

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hello All. And Happy New Years.. And I hope you are all doing great. :)

Poor Man Dan here again....... First let me say. I'm sorry about not keeping things up on here.....

I hit a few big time speed bumps. Then a few more. Then a few big ones. But that is all part of life.

So I put things on hold for a time...

Things are now getting back to as they should be.. And it's time to get my Home Theater done....

I still have everything. And 85% of it is still set up... Just need to get a few things put back up.

And get the screen done. (( I did pick up a VCR/DVD player on the cheep)). It work's great...

I will have more on things in the next few week's. And hope to have things done by next month.....

Be well all....

Poor Man Dan

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Glad to hear the speed bumps of life didn't break your axle. Hope you can get that final 15% done. :)

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hi,

Yes I'm going to get it done......And up and going..... Speed Bumps are just part of life..... Just go with the bumps & go on with things the best you can...

The 15% I need done... Is the screen... Hope to have it all done in the next month......

Be well.

Poor Man Dan

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Best of luck Dan. We're rooting for you. By the way, you are further along than me! I'm about 33 % into my upgrading. :)

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
HI,

Tell us about your upgrade. What are you doing? Have any photos.......

Tell us more............. It's great to hear & see about peoples set ups.....

Poor Man Dan

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Just upgraded my sound system (you can see the list in my profile), which I've been testing out, but need to tear it down soon to refurbish the room: repairs, paint, new acoustic drop ceiling and finally the screen wall/baffle. The sound system does not really work with my plasma TV, the speakers are designed for behind screen placement. Yeah, one of these days I'll get the urge to start a thread here, probably when I get closer to deciding on a projector and screen.

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Hi,

Sounds great..... I picked up my Projector on EBay. A Sharp PG-A20X. At the time it came out. It cost some very big bucks...

I got it on EBay.... $150. And its great...

My Poor Man Dan's Home Theater will cost under $800. when I'm done... I thought it would be more like a $1,000 but been lucky and found

some good stuff on the cheap... But as I say.... Been lucky on it so far....

Im going to use the wall I have for the screen..It's flat white. And put up a border around it.... Where the screen is.. Down the road I may get a screen.

The ones I have run into, that will do what I want... Are a bit up in price.... So I will do it the Poor Man Dans way for now.....

Have a good one....... Let me know how you are doing with things.....

Poor Man Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks