What's new

Please Help. Finishing Basement need to put together home theatre (1 Viewer)

Titan34

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who responds with their opinion.
I plan on purchasing a 54-60 inch tv. 2000 budget. I have 2 top of the line panasonic plasmas upstairs may stick with the same for basement. Not sure.
I am interested in hearing some suggestions for the surround sound and components. I currently have a ps3 I plan on using down there. I also have 5 bose satellite speakers and sub from 10 years ago. not sure if I should use them or not. I would like to keep the audio under 1000 if possible. I like the idea of streaming pandora and such. I was leaning torwards a high end onkyo setup (9400 series.)
Please help I need to purchase asap I am about to put the drywall up and would like to run cables and such before.
The basement is large but the area for a tv is about 9.5 ft viewing distance with a kneewall with bartop behind. I am not sure how I would mount the rear speakers Maybe ceiling speakers because of the kneewall and pool table behind. ?????

dulichcauvong

Auditioning
Công ty Du lịch Cầu Vồng chuyên tổ chức các tour du lịch trong và ngoài nước, đặt phòng khách sạn, vé máy bay và vé tàu, cho thuê xe du lịch với giá cả cạnh tranh.
Công ty có các tour như sau :
Du lịch Hạ Long
Du lịch Cát Bà
Du Lịch Sapa
Du Lịch Huế
Du Lịch Nha Trang
Du lịch Đà Nẵng
Du lịch Hội An
Du lich ha long 1 ngay
Du lich ha long 2 ngay
Du lich Hue 3 ngay
Du lich Da nang - Hoi An
Du lich Nha Trang gia re
Du Lich Sapa 2 ngay
Du Lich Sapa 3 ngay
Du lich ha long cat ba
Du lich cat ba 3 ngay

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, if you want streaming and speakers for $1000...
That pretty much leaves you whichever Onkyo is the least expensive with it...the 414 or 515.
Then in speakers, a set of BIC DV would set you back $600-$750. The only other option you really have is Polk Monitor on NewEgg.
You will never find anybody willing to recommend HTiB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks