What's new
World Wide Stereo

placing def tech 7002's and other def tech question (1 Viewer)

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
I am going to be using 7002's as my fronts for my theater. What do I need to know about placement of these beasts? Do I need to keep them out from the walls a certain distance? Due to space I had them placed directly side by side my large rptv, about 6 inches away from the tv on either side. I dont know if this affects the sub quality or not. These things are confusing since they are firing out the front, back and sides. Any suggestions? Keep as much space as possible around these things or put them in the corners? Thanks.
Second question, what do you think of bp2xs for surrounds and bp8s for rear surrounds? Should I get BPXs for all surrounds or just stick with what I have? I am trying to get kick A$$ sound and am finally preparing the room to do it.
Last question, I also have a def tech 15 inch sub that I used before I had my 7002s, would it be overkill to use this sub as well? Should I run the LFE to this sub and just turn the fronts on LARGE? Any suggestions appreciated.
Room is 14x19.

728x90

mylan

Screenwriter
Bi-polar speakers like the 7002 need room to breathe because the idea is that the sound being output up front is also being output in the rear. The back array bounces off the wall and combines with the fronts for a more spacious soundfield rather than pin-point imaging of most speakers. A good starting point would be three ft. away from the back wall. I would also move them away from the tv for the same reason.

Bass is uni-directional but I have always felt that the subs need to be turned away from each other if for no other reason than to not vibrate the tv cabinent, you can experiment here, there is no right or wrong, only good and better.

I.M.O., BP8's seem a little overkill for surrounds but I have heard of using 7006's all around so what do I know.

The sub seems like overkill as well but if you decide to go this route, set the fronts to "large" + sub.

firebrick

Agent
Real Name
mark
Thanks, I was just going to use the bp8s since I had them anyways, but I think I would rather get some wall mounted speakers such as the BPXs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks