What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I liked this episode(Just watched it).Fusco had the best line..."sorry boss..."I can believe the Root arc. Psychopath with the whole story.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really enjoyed last night's episode. Amy Acker is one of the great television actresses working today, and this episode really gave her skill set a workout. Root's one of those characters that has always existed right at the edge of turning me off, and the layers that were added to her in tonight's episode went a long way toward allowing me to invest in her character.I also love the little tidbits that the show hides in plain sight. From the Machine's view at the end, one of the pop-up messages was for a mass casualty event at coordinates 40.7118,-74.00598. In the real world, those coordinates point to a Pace University building across the street from city hall.
Robert Crawford said:
Is anybody buying Root's transformation?
She is a person whose brilliance in certain areas is offset by underdevelopment in other areas. By hitching her ride to the Machine, she's being forced to grapple with the moral complexities that most of us grapple with growing up. I don't believe she's putting on an act, and I really think she believes what she's saying as she's saying it, but like David I think her new found sense of morality is fragile enough that events could put her back on an immoral path. Her morality is learned as opposed to the internalized morality that Finch and Reese possess.I appreciated how the episode captured the distinct dynamics she has with each member of the team. She treats Harold like a renowned expert in his field that she's always trying to prove herself to. She makes such a show of her disdain for John that one has to feel that the lady doth protest too much. She feels like she's so much smarter than him that it seriously irks her when he's proven right and her wrong time after time. Shaw she has a sort of flirty thing going on with. And Lionel she treats like an adorable little pet that needs lots of looking after. He doesn't even rise to the level of her disdain.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I enjoyed the episode very much, too. Continual activity in multiple threads. Very complex to keep this many balls in the air and not make a slip. I was impressed.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Great episode. I'd just like to say I've been a fan of Acker since her days on Angel. She plays the best kind of cuckoos' nest!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
TravisR said:
^ I prefer to see her playing a baddie but she's pretty versatile since she also played the sweet hearted Fred on Angel.
Sweet, but also cuckoo, when we first meet her.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Cameron Yee said:
Great episode. I'd just like to say I've been a fan of Acker since her days on Angel. She plays the best kind of cuckoos' nest!
I would totally agree with that. She was one of the best on that show and her acting is still every bit as good.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Glad so many liked this episode but I think most of the Root episodes are too over the top. And Shaw really gets away like that when six bad guys had a bead on her? It was so...silly.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another interesting episode with the main story seemingly not connected to the long term one until near the end.

I was surprised that Root didn't shoot or use a taser right away. Did the machine tell her not to do so?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the A-plot with the engineering contractor and the diplomatic intrigue was just way too over the top. I felt it was too broad fairly early on in the episode, but by they time Reese and Fusco pulled up to the UN in a stolen firetruck wearing full gear, any strand of disbelief I had left just snapped. I tend to prefer the episodes where the stakes with the episode's person of interest are small.The long-range storytelling continues to be as excellent as ever. Like you, Neil, I was impressed with the way the generators tied into Decima's plan to resurrect Samaritan.Even though it's a bit dues ex machina, I love the moments when Finch is stumped and the Machine calls him up (through Root) with the answer.The book ending scenes with Root and the Decima in the subway tunnels were the best part of this episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The end of Tuesday's episode potentially expands the scope of the show considerably. Since the US government has abdicated its role in pursuing the relevant numbers, it's more likely that the Machine will start kicking those numbers to Finch, Reese & Co.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm not sorry to see that development. It seemed our guys were facing attacks on multiple fronts, and it was getting in the way of what I like best about the show - pursuing the number in question and helping or deterring the person's predicament.

It does look like there will likely be multiple story stands, however, as the number generation increases.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A tour de force final act for tonight's episode. Almost felt like a season finale. I love that they went there with the Machine, and I love the choice John ultimately made, however catastrophic the consequences.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, that final quarter hour was quite something, and now there will be hell to pay, I'm afraid. I think it would have functioned perfectly as a season finale.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I also thought there had to be another way to deal with McCourt and maybe they will have a chance if they survive the 24-hour test.

One week off and then three in a row. I have no idea what to expect, but it should be exciting.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Standout episode from beginning to end. All of the elements clicked. Loved seeing all of our team members getting to interact with each other. Carrie Preston is one of my favorite character actresses working today, and she really anchored this episode. Sometimes real life couples don't play well on screen, but the moment between Finch and the blindfolded Grace had palpable chemistry amidst the tension. And in a show with a terrific rogues gallery of bad guys, John Nolan's character really is the best of the bunch.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Adam Lenhardt said:
Standout episode from beginning to end. All of the elements clicked. Loved seeing all of our team members getting to interact with each other. Carrie Preston is one of my favorite character actresses working today, and she really anchored this episode. Sometimes real life couples don't play well on screen, but the moment between Finch and the blindfolded Grace had palpable chemistry amidst the tension. And in a show with a terrific rogues gallery of bad guys, John Nolan's character really is the best of the bunch.
Didn't know he's the Nolan brothers uncle until recently.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
With the upcoming final showdown of the two machines, Vigilance, Decima, etc ... wonder what they will do next season.

(With no more HR, and the actor playing Elias busy as lead on another tv show "Remedy" ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks