What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (2 Viewers)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
NeilO said:
Since for the most part they have had the main storyline close to real airing date, I am guessing that for next season either they are going to briefly pick up right away and then jump a few months or they are just going to jump a few months down the line.
Another option is to advance the timeline by several years, after Samaratan is absolute and has been running the world on autopilot for awhile.

The show may very well end up resembling a "1984" style post-apocalyptic type of world. Sorta like season 5 of Fringe, but without the time-travel stuff.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
jcroy said:
Another option is to advance the timeline by several years, after Samaratan is absolute and has been running the world on autopilot for awhile.

The show may very well end up resembling a "1984" style post-apocalyptic type of world. Sorta like season 5 of Fringe, but without the time-travel stuff.
I doubt they go that route, but I expect the timeline to be forwarded several months later.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Any guesses as to what season 4 will be like?

(Besides advancing the timeline by a few months or longer).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
jcroy said:

I hope not. Then the show would be pushed into a whole new genre....which might turn off a lot of general viewers. I want it to stay more in the real world...as much as this show can.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Good ending but I expect them ending up with secret access to Samaritan which will continue to churn out numbers for them. Be much more interesting if they took it in another direction, but all other alternative suggest a much longer arc over Season 4 rather than the balance of case of the week episodes vs the arc.

Still great though and Id be impressed if they did take another direction which doesn't allow for case of the week episodes.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As a wrap up for the Vigilance plot, I found the episode tedious. People (especially Harold) were explaining their motivations, and it fell on deaf ears. So why put us through this mock trial because I would think audiences viewing this spectacle (we know it actually wasn't televised but he didn't know that then) would see the man for the martinet he was. He was the one coming off badly, not the people on trial.

As for the show, yes, it will definitely be some other thing next season. Don't know what it will be or who will still be regulars, but it'll get me tuning in to see what they twist it into being next.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
My wife hated it and wants a POI to be saved most weeks. We both think Root and her relationship with the machine has usurped Finch too much and made the machine too unbelievably powerful, as when it tells them in real time a shooter is at 2:00.Still, the writing is amazing and there is so much intelligence in the ideas they are exploring and how they are presented.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wouldn't want to see the show take a huge jump forward in time, just because the writers seem to do very well with evolutionary storytelling. A big time jump would feel they're cheating, for once, a way for them to get to all out dystopia without continuing to put in the same kind of work that shows us how oppression happens by stages.

I understand Matt H's disappointment with how much time was spent on Collier and the kangaroo court, but I like a good tragedy, and this once unsympathetic character became a bit more human because Greer so brutally preyed on Collier's personal loss and pain. I would actually like to see Collier come back somehow, but I think him surviving what happened would be a stretch.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Simon Massey said:
Good ending but I expect them ending up with secret access to Samaritan which will continue to churn out numbers for them. Be much more interesting if they took it in another direction, but all other alternative suggest a much longer arc over Season 4 rather than the balance of case of the week episodes vs the arc.

Still great though and Id be impressed if they did take another direction which doesn't allow for case of the week episodes.
But they don't need "numbers" from Samaritan -- The Machine is still online and could still notionally give them numbers, assuming they're even in a position to help irrelevant POIs going forward.

All I can say this is far and away the best TV show on network TV, and certainly amongst the top few of all TV shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks