What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (2 Viewers)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I didn't hear anything either, but neither did my wife, who always hears the high pitched tones. Then again, we were watching the program streamed off CBS.com so I wouldn't be surprised if it got compressed out.

As far as Tuesday's show Lethe, I realized Camryn Manheim was not who she said she was as the developer ongoing to not identify her. I didn't anticipate her to be "Ma'am" though, so that was a awesome perspective.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Felt very torn about this latest episode. I'm glad Reece has finally realized his need to work and their need of his services. At least that bit of angst is settled.

But a flight with all those assassins? On one flight? Really stretched credulity to the breaking point. And Finch got to Rome very quickly!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
Felt very torn about this latest episode. I'm glad Reece has finally realized his need to work and their need of his services. At least that bit of angst is settled.

But a flight with all those assassins? On one flight? Really stretched credulity to the breaking point. And Finch got to Rome very quickly!
Same here!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Yeah, the flight was pretty silly...but, fun silly. I think they were serving up the blonde stewardess as a surprise assassin too...because we've been tricked by such things in this show in the past.

But, it was all worth the two moments that make the episode: when Reese derides the 'geniuses' who create their machines and lose control...and the final scene between Harold and John is GOLD.

Seriously, Emmerson is SO good at balancing that sincerity just under the surface. He displays a vulnerability without appearing weak or maudlin. And, then he contains his joy at John's words, but we clearly see it and feel it along with him. But, in the presence of soft spoken, all business Mr. Reese, he couldn't possbly allow an extreme show of emotion. Great, great stuff. I was very happy to see them walking away together, ready to get back to work.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Really, this one was silly but the last one, with Root being tortured by Ma'am and the machine helping her with morse code in high frequency, wasn't silly? I agree with Quentin, this one was fun and I kept waiting for the stewardess to be another "bad guy" and she wasn't. You never know with this show how they're going to twist things.I too enjoyed the ending and the acting of the two leads, particularly, Mr. Emerson, in showing his joy in that controlled, dry manner. He was great. I liked this episode much more than the last silly episode.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
They have been stretching reality a bit in the past few episodes, but they're fun.

Root is fast becoming my favorite character, but obviously Reese would return. I never heard "the Morse Code sound", but I've got a pretty basic sound system. Our city is using the noise to disperse kids loitering around downtown stores, but a lot of "adults" can certainly hear it, including me.

The flight episode was enjoyable, but way beyond believable. I was almost guaranteed Reese was going to punch the guy across the aisle, the coach passengers being almost oblivious to what was happening, only two flight attendants for the entire plane?

But hey, suspension of disbelief.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The show has always existed in a heightened reality. I could buy that with a shadowy figure like Samm Levine's character, having him in a known location with no avenue for escape would provide an ideal time to strike for both the cartels and the government. What I found less believable was the flight attendant so quickly accepting this man with obviously fraudulent credentials and helping him continue a campaign of violence on her plane.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Adam Lenhardt said:
The show has always existed in a heightened reality. I could buy that with a shadowy figure like Samm Levine's character, having him in a known location with no avenue for escape would provide an ideal time to strike for both the cartels and the government. What I found less believable was the flight attendant so quickly accepting this man with obviously fraudulent credentials and helping him continue a campaign of violence on her plane.
Yes, that was very annoying to me, but like most you just have to REALLY stretch credability with a show like this sometimes.

One thing I was bothered a LOT by is Reese telling the stewardess to put some alcohol in the kids drink to settle him down and keep out of the way. That was disturbing to me on many levels and her just going along with it like that was no big deal either.

Also, that must be some sort new custom plane because there would never be that much room for moving around or fighting. Even in first class you barely get more room now days than coach and certainly no where close to what they showed. That took me out of the realism as well due to how it was shot on such a large and unrealistic set.

The whole whinning, depressed act was getting old fast with Reese. He has seen death before and knows what both sides are like. It's not safe for anyone and never would be so while devestating to lose someone you care about it can't be a complete shock since he knows all too well the kind of people you are dealing with. Now, at least we can close that chapter and move on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jeffery_H said:
Yes, that was very annoying to me, but like most you just have to REALLY stretch credability with a show like this sometimes.

One thing I was bothered a LOT by is Reese telling the stewardess to put some alcohol in the kids drink to settle him down and keep out of the way. That was disturbing to me on many levels and her just going along with it like that was no big deal either.

Also, that must be some sort new custom plane because there would never be that much room for moving around or fighting. Even in first class you barely get more room now days than coach and certainly no where close to what they showed. That took me out of the realism as well due to how it was shot on such a large and unrealistic set.

The whole whinning, depressed act was getting old fast with Reese. He has seen death before and knows what both sides are like. It's not safe for anyone and never would be so while devestating to lose someone you care about it can't be a complete shock since he knows all too well the kind of people you are dealing with. Now, at least we can close that chapter and move on.
It was a poor attempt at a comedic moment.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Well, it was alluded to "we know two went missing". All three entities in play knew what the drives were. Especially when all three knew where...and all were clued into when.The bigger issue. How did Decima know the day to kill the bank manager...???
There was something that had been bothering me about the drives in Alethia. Just when were they stolen? Isn't the point about safety deposit boxes that they needed both a key from the bank and Arthur's key to open it up? So, when would she have swapped the drives?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Tuesday's episode was very much about getting back into the groove, for the viewers as much as for the characters, as the team followed up on a new number and embarked on what was, at times, a by-the-numbers heist. The characters' moment over drinks revealed the reasons behind the apparent conventionality of the story – it was needed to prove the team could still work together after everything that has happened; that even though they lost a critical member, it hasn't destroyed their ability to function.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Cameron Yee said:
Tuesday's episode was very much about getting back into the groove, for the viewers as much as for the characters, as the team followed up on a new number and embarked on what was, at times, a by-the-numbers heist. The characters' moment over drinks revealed the reasons behind the apparent conventionality of the story – it was needed to prove the team could still work together after everything that has happened; that even though they lost a critical member, it hasn't destroyed their ability to function.
Pretty much. Are we back on a regular schedule now?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cameron Yee said:
I liked the jesture for the fallen comrade at the end of the episode.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Quentin said:
Pretty much. Are we back on a regular schedule now?
Back in two weeks with new episodes on 2/18 and 2/25. I don't know about March.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The case seemed a little muddled to me though it did bring back to mind some early season one episodes where we were unsure for half the episode whether the POI was good or evil. Still a lack of Reece for me (I know he was on a plane for the last half of the mission). I like Shaw, but she's become the lynchpin of the team and that's taking me some time to get used to it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The one thing that bothered me was that Shaw didn't bother to put the mission materials back in the envelope and back behind the mirror. Not that it mattered, since she was outed in the next scene anyway, but leaving it all spread out on the table meant that the acrobat would have known she was blown as soon as she walked through the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks