What's new

PARAMOUNT: Will You Ever Release These Titles on Blu-ray... (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Paul_Warren said:
Young Sherlock Holmes.

Great movie how this is still not on Bluray is such a shame as the Holmes character is more popular than ever right now surely it would sell as its IMO the best Holmes movie made in many years.

1st ILM/Pixar CGI character
Levison directing
Spielberg producing
great cast, story, sets, characters & all family friendly.Just watched this on dvd.
Young Sherlock Holmes.

Great movie how this is still not on Bluray is such a shame as the Holmes character is more popular than ever right now surely it would sell as its IMO the best Holmes movie made in many years.

Levison directing
Spielberg producing
great cast, story, sets, characters & all family friendly.
Just watched this on dvd. Could not agree with you more.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Add to My Paramount List (how could I forget these)

Star Trek, The Motion Picture (Director's Cut) (1979)
Star Trek II, The Wrath Of Khan (Director's Cut or the TV cut) (1982)
Star Trek III, The Search For Spock (Director's Cut if one exists) (1984)

Star Trek, Generations (Director's Cut if one exists) (1994)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Kyrsten Brad said:
Add to My Paramount List (how could I forget these)

Star Trek, The Motion Picture (Director's Cut) (1979)
Star Trek II, The Wrath Of Khan (Director's Cut or the TV cut) (1982)
Star Trek III, The Search For Spock (Director's Cut if one exists) (1984)

Star Trek, Generations (Director's Cut if one exists) (1994)
Star Trek-The Motion Picture(Director's Cut)needs to have its CGI additions reconfigured/redone in HD, preferably in 4K resolution...Paramount has not seen fit(as of yet) to do this...there are NO existing Director's Cut editions for Star Trek III-The Search For Spock OR Star Trek-Generations...there IS one for Star Trek VI-The Undiscovered Country(1991), which has NOT as yet been remastered for release in HD...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
cinerama10 said:
Keep waiting! The last 2 listed films are so bad that they are not even fit for a dvd or video release...
As they say, "One man's poison..."

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just saw that this is in HD on Netflix. Still no blu Ray release...

I'm afraid that's probably going to be the way of the future for a lot of catalog titles. There are a number of Paramount titles I'd love to own on Blu that are trapped in the same circumstance. I'm at least happy that many of the titles have HD masters available digitally instead of not at all. Not the same of course but better than not seeing the movie at all.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm afraid that's probably going to be the way of the future for a lot of catalog titles. There are a number of Paramount titles I'd love to own on Blu that are trapped in the same circumstance. I'm at least happy that many of the titles have HD masters available digitally instead of not at all. Not the same of course but better than not seeing the movie at all.

Agreed

willyTass

Supporting Actor
I was watching paramounts The carpetbaggers. On iTunes the HD looks fantastic on an ipad.( roughly 6 GB). Blow it up to a 50 inch screen and it looks awful . Excessive Compression really can kill things for a movie which is why I'm glad to pay for a physical format. B

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Usually you check these wants lists after a couple of years & a surprising amount of films have been released, alas, not the case with Paramount. I hope they start licensing out movies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I remember asking about this one of Peter Staddon some ten years ago, and he was completely unaware of its PD status. Only just a few weeks ago has it been brought to our attention that this has received a full restoration and wil be shown theatrically and released on Blu-ray.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Young Sherlock Holmes.

Levison directing
Spielberg producing
great cast, story, sets, characters & all family friendly.

Don't forget Chris Columbus, who wrote it and has become the most successful director you never heard of -- The first two Home Alones (director), the first two Harry Potters (producer and director), Only the Lonely (writer and director) amd Mrs. Doubtfire (director), among others.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks, this month makes it 60 years since the release of The Best Elvis film, King Creole (1958). Since this is a Paramount title, I don’t hold out a lot of hope for a 60th Anniversary HD or UHD Blu-ray release. Some notes:

- Warner still holds 600 or so Paramount titles, is King Creole one of them? If yes, then we Elvis fans might have some hope.

- King Creole was released on DVD so no chance of getting it under that old Kino deal.

- Wonder if we could ever get a well-done colorized version (dodging lightning bolts)?

Somebody out there at Warner or Paramount can make the go decision or at least communicate with those in power. Is that someone reading this?!

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Warner still has 600 Paramount titles ? And they don't release any of them ???? What's the use of having movies, and you don't release them. Last Train from Gun Hill ? Houseboat ? The World of Suzie Wong ? It Started in Naples ? The Black Orchid ? The Greatest Show on Earth ? Elvis movies ?? ..Vistavision movies ??? : (

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks